TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tacoma was hit by some idiot and i need a good shop that you guys who have had work would recommend in the antioch/pittsburg/concord/wc area.

thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
TRDTacoma03 said:
My tacoma was hi tbu some idiot and i need a good shop that you guys who have had work would recommend in the antioch/pittsburg/concord/wc area.

thanks a lot
Can't recommend a good shop, but I can recommend that you don't take your truck anywhere near Cook's auto in Walnut Creek! I think lots of body shops are pretty shady, but hopefully someone here can recommend someone who will do some honest work for a good price.

Later,
....Mike

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Post on the Cali Off Road Board. Alex has some family with a shop in Oakland or someplace around there. He says they get a lot of high profile work, so they should be pretty good. Not sure if that means they are more pricey too, but he says they do decent work (not sure where exactly or name, ask him).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oppositeboy said:
Post on the Cali Off Road Board. Alex has some family with a shop in Oakland or someplace around there. He says they get a lot of high profile work, so they should be pretty good. Not sure if that means they are more pricey too, but he says they do decent work (not sure where exactly or name, ask him).
is the cali board still on delphi?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
overkill said:
Please explain, I've heard nothing but good reviews of that place....
Are you talking about Cook's? Some fuckstick changed lanes into me on highway 4 wasting the driver's side of my truck. I drive by Cook's all the time and see nothing but Jaguars, Mercedes, BMWs etc. Figured it would be a good place to have my truck repaired, close to work, etc.

They must have taken notice of my less than purdy Toyota and figured it would be a perfect rig for their noobies to learn on. The body work was shitty, the panels didn't line up, the fender flares were not attached well, and the dorks chopped my satellite radio antenna and tried to fix it with butt connectors. Anyone who knows what coax is, knows how fucking stupid that is.

Now I am not at all picky about how my truck looks. It is normally dirty, scratched up, and dented. I am angry about the service I got.

I let the shitty body work slide. I didn't want to be without my truck for another two weeks while they let their trainees fuck with it some more. I didn't complain when they lost my CA4WDC mag signs, I can buy more.

I was a little pissed that they killed my satellite radio antenna. I went down the street, bought a new one, and brought them the bill. They said they would get back to me. After repeated phone calls, and MONTHS of being ignored, I went down there in person and made a scene. Somehow the jackoff rep who had ignored me for so long was able to come up with a check.

The cost of the satellite radio antenna wasn't much at all. It was the principle of the whole thing. I don't care if it was 5 bucks or 500 bucks, they were fucking me, and ignoring me, and that is about as far from customer service as you can get.

Bottom line is....

The body work sucked
The customer service sucked
They ignored me
They made a massive profit billing the insurance company of the guy who hit me.

Fuck Cook's Auto in Walnut Creek.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Body shop

Hey bro,
Check out Mikes Auto body in Walnut Creek, or in Concord.
I wrecked the rear quarter panel by backing into a rail at Kaiser. I put the end of it DEEP into my light assembly and trashed it.

Mikes did a GREAT job, and Im pretty picky about good work. Quick and efficient. They are the ones COMPLETELY repainting my 05, so check them out!
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikes is who i figured but i wanted to hear if there was anyone else i should consider, i think i have some suspension damage also so i want to make sure its all done right

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mike said:
Are you talking about Cook's? Some fuckstick changed lanes into me on highway 4 wasting the driver's side of my truck. I drive by Cook's all the time and see nothing but Jaguars, Mercedes, BMWs etc. Figured it would be a good place to have my truck repaired, close to work, etc.

They must have taken notice of my less than purdy Toyota and figured it would be a perfect rig for their noobies to learn on. The body work was shitty, the panels didn't line up, the fender flares were not attached well, and the dorks chopped my satellite radio antenna and tried to fix it with butt connectors. Anyone who knows what coax is, knows how fucking stupid that is.

Now I am not at all picky about how my truck looks. It is normally dirty, scratched up, and dented. I am angry about the service I got.

I let the shitty body work slide. I didn't want to be without my truck for another two weeks while they let their trainees fuck with it some more. I didn't complain when they lost my CA4WDC mag signs, I can buy more.

I was a little pissed that they killed my satellite radio antenna. I went down the street, bought a new one, and brought them the bill. They said they would get back to me. After repeated phone calls, and MONTHS of being ignored, I went down there in person and made a scene. Somehow the jackoff rep who had ignored me for so long was able to come up with a check.

The cost of the satellite radio antenna wasn't much at all. It was the principle of the whole thing. I don't care if it was 5 bucks or 500 bucks, they were fucking me, and ignoring me, and that is about as far from customer service as you can get.

Bottom line is....

The body work sucked
The customer service sucked
They ignored me
They made a massive profit billing the insurance company of the guy who hit me.

Fuck Cook's Auto in Walnut Creek.

Later,
....Mike
Wow, sorry to hear about your fiasco with them. My father-in-law has had them paint his Mercedes 3 times, and each time it came out flawless. I took my sports car there because some idoit at Wheel Works banged his work cart into my car and put a 1/4" long scratch on my fender, all the way down to the metal. Cooks charged Wheel Works $1500 to fix it. The paint turned out great, but I did notice a few months later that near the scratch there was a hairline scratch ( from the sander?) that they did not sand out and could be seen through the paint. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that their paintjob was not flawless-like the ones performed on my in-law's Mercedes, but their customer services seemd good.

As far as good shops in the area, I have read in a Sport Compact Car magazine that there is an excellent paint shop in Concord, called "Kee's Auto". I visited the shop and inquired about painting a spoiler I had purchased for my car. He was very informative, price was not bad, and appeared to me to be a genuine person- one that was not into taking shortcuts when it came to painting. I will be going to his shop the next time I need something painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts