TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya folks,

please post up when u will be leaving houston and all that good jazz so we can get a caravan or two going depending on what day you are leaving.

I plan to leave the 21st around noonish putting us there for the 5pm check in ..

Also anyone going to be towing a trailer ? I have plenty of room and will need to get creative with my 34's in order to take them as I will be carrying a few more spares then my last trip out.

my personal spares list I will be taking.

1-2 spare cv's gotta love lifetime warranties
spare clutch stuff.
misc bolts and shit floating around in my toolbox
enough tools to do any fixing
ujoint or two
LBJ/UBJ and a bench vice mounted to rear bumper (removeable)

anyone having a need to use tools or a vice per say your welcome to them.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am making plans to go,but not sure when I will leave. I will be taking my enclosed gooseneck and could carry some stuff for you.
lol too bad u cant fit my truck and me and whitney ride with u :) haha but nah prolly just be my 34's..

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
I'm going but I have no clue on what time I'll actuall show up. I haven't figured out if I'll work a full day on Thursday and leave Houston around 5:00 or not.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I plan to be with or without a rig, But I wont know for sure till two weeks before

Mitch is a spare clutch really needed lol

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to be with or without a rig, But I wont know for sure till two weeks before

Mitch is a spare clutch really needed lol
better to take it and not need it then to need it and not have it and spend 300 to get home after buying one. ( ive had a spare clutch setup for nearly 2 yrs now ) so its not like im going out to buy a clutch kit.

i've been stranded on crystal beach before with no clutch wasnt fun tow truck drive home to dayton, texas

·
Registered
532 Posts
if i go i will probably do the same and roll out with you guys thursday after work. i work till 5pm though.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i go i will probably do the same and roll out with you guys thursday after work. i work till 5pm though.
just told Jim im taking off that thrusday at 2pm from work that leaves me enough time to get home and load shit in truck and leave enough food ect for the gliders.. im sure we can stick around till 5ish iono up to harley the VP

·
659 Posts
which route should we take? 290 to 71 into Llano? if so I say we meet up at Wal-mart at 290 and Cypress-Rosehill around 5:30 Thursday night.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
i think i10 to 71 then straight shot to llano sounds better. that way we really don't have to get too much into austin. whata ya think?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Gates are closed and locked at 10pm so I wanted to try to get out of town before peak rush hour. Mapquest shows it's about a 4 hr drive. Do you think you'd be able to get out a little earlier?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
which route should we take? 290 to 71 into Llano? if so I say we meet up at Wal-mart at 290 and Cypress-Rosehill around 5:30 Thursday night.
i think i10 to 71 then straight shot to llano sounds better. that way we really don't have to get too much into austin. whata ya think?
I'm going I-10 -> 71

·
Registered
532 Posts
Gates are closed and locked at 10pm so I wanted to try to get out of town before peak rush hour. Mapquest shows it's about a 4 hr drive. Do you think you'd be able to get out a little earlier?
maybe. if not i will just head out early friday morning. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

·
659 Posts
if I'm not mistaken there is a rest area just west of Katy on I-10. Access there may be easier than Katy Mills Mall...plus I wouldn't want to screw anything up Mall wheeling before our trip to Longs Ranch.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts