TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Me on one of the more challenging obstacles on Steel Bender in Moab.

So I was down at the Jeep Safari in my 06 Tacoma and just having fun. Did one trail and got a pretty big scrape/dent in the front left bumper right below the fog light. Went back to camp and popped it out and it looks a lot better except for the scrape. Oh well...

What I was going to say was that the hill Potato Salad where a lot of 4 wheelers go to have some fun and test their vehicles abilities was a blast and We went there everynight to just watch the jeeps and other vehicles go up and wait for someone to roll. SO getting to the point of this story, On Saturday at the end of the week The Hill was getting ready to close and up comes a 05+ Tacoma Bright blue with a what I think is a fabtech 6 in lift and he walks right up it with all terrain tires. Needless to say the crowd erupted with applause and I now know the next upgrade for my truck.

(didn't get any pics thought maybe the guy who did it would post them.)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Moab ROCKS! I can't wait to go back. Question though, is that a wheel in your reciver hitch?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Glad you had fun in Moab!

PSH is a notorious obstacle for Jeeps because of their wheelbase. IFS seems to actually do better on it than solid axle too. You should have given it a try!

How were the crowds and such?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moab ROCKS! I can't wait to go back. Question though, is that a wheel in your reciver hitch?
Yep that is a wheel in my tow hitch. Helps me get down obstacles where I would have otherwise scraped. Oh and it works like a charm. :)

Glad you had fun in Moab!

PSH is a notorious obstacle for Jeeps because of their wheelbase. IFS seems to actually do better on it than solid axle too. You should have given it a try!

How were the crowds and such?

Crowds weren't bad at all as far as I am concerned. But then again I stayed out at the Portal Rv park.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hey i was there, didnt snag any pictures but did Kanes Creek and it was pretty sick, i wish i would have stayed longer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was good times I helped that guy in the big red tacoma at potato
get his truck going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts