TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so...I'm posting in hopes to round up some of you expo dudes to share your knowledge and to suggest some good eastern expo destinations.

Objective: To gather destination ideas for future two or three week adventure.

If any of you care to share your previous trips, locations, and sights that you would consider to be a worth while trip I would greatly appreciate it. Or, if there is some sort of website that may have this info that would be great too. Anything that would help is appreciated. I am currently planning a trip of this sort in the future and want to be sure I'm not disappointed. Taking that much time off work and not be satisfied with trip would just be sad. That's why I'm posting here...figured here would be the best place to start. So don't let me down folks! :)

Pictures would be of great significance in order to sway me in one direction or the other. The camping experience is just as important to me as the wheeling experience. Looking for an all around solid trip. But...it's gotta be on the East Coast. That might pose a small challenge. I am in PA, some good local wheeling and camping but I'm looking for an EXPEDITION.

Thanks in advance and can't wait to see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You

·
Registered
233 Posts
Look into Newfoundland and Labrador. I had that one planned when I lived in West Chester, PA but moving to Texas killed that trip. It's about 3400 miles roundtrip from WC...

There are a few good trip reports to give you an idea of the lay of the land:
http://alavigne.net/Outdoors/TripReports/2011/NfldAndLabrador/?p=main

There was another really good one from a couple that did the trip in a Colorado with a camper top, but I can't find it right now..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those Colorado trips look amazing!! I'll make it out west sometime. Just not anytime soon. I'd have to say Newfoundland is out of the question. I'm gonna look into something a bit closer. If you guys know of anything up in the northeastern US, let me know. In the meantime I'll get in touch with some guys in Vermont or Maine. Maybe there's something up there that would make a good trip, or new Hampshire near mt Washington.

Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts