TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive torn off mudflaps before and had to come up with a way to keep from having to make new ones. I have them because it keeps the truck looking respectable for a commute, but don't need them for trail. So, I came up with an easy mounting system.

To do that I had to fit a square peg in a round hole. This works well for two reasons. There is less metal contact for the insert to get wedged into place, and the square stock allows for threading to snug and lock in the mudflap. The rear flaps, storage rack load bars, and bedside mounts use the same square peg, round tube idea and Ive never had issue with rattles or siezing into the tube.

Here, in the front I nave a two piece flap. A small one stays on the fender, and the larger one is removable.

One single M6 bolt holds it into place, and I use the same tool for fenders, storage rack and mudflaps. Like a swiss army knife effect.:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
PERFECT!

I've heard that the states are trying to make the driver responsible for abiding by the laws of the state they are traveling in, as far as pud flaps and fender clearance and the like.

·
20,355 Posts
I am planing on doing a set of removable rear flaps that use wing nuts. Never had the fronts catch on anything yet.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
PERFECT!

I've heard that the states are trying to make the driver responsible for abiding by the laws of the state they are traveling in, as far as pud flaps and fender clearance and the like.
I think they have pretty much ruled that unconstitutional - but that doesn't stop them from giving you a ticket and then having to come back to fight it in court. For most people, it's cheaper to just mail in the fine, so they get the revenue anyways...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
PERFECT!

To put it in different terms: Ignorance of the law is not an affirmative defense :)

Oh, and cool transformer mudflaps! :D

·
7,735 Posts
I'd planned on doing something like this "convertable mud flaps" for my 85 when actually running. I like your square peg - round hole idea. I plan to steal it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts