TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grizzly lake
Engineer pass
Tin Cup (the back way through mirror lake first)
wheeler lake
Black bear pass (i know it's a little more difficult but I've always wanted to)
Imogene pass
Bridal Veil falls
Ellis
Red cone
Yoder Gulch

Fall camping trip to MOAB for 10 days or so.

post up some easy trails if you want. I am not a fan of breaking when I go wheeling and I would like to see a lot of the sights as well so there would be some scenic picture taking and light hiking involved too!

Leave the difficult ones on another thread

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These are just some trails that I'd like to do. My Wife gets scared at the sight of a football sized rock and hates looking down when on a shelf road. I'm ok with it but with the new truck would like to keep body damage to a minimum (any more than is already done).

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wheeler lake is a little tougher then your thinking. Black bear is a dirt road with some pucker factor if you don't like heights.

·
20,355 Posts
Grizzly Lake and Wheeler Lake could be argued are not exactly easy trails.

I really want to hit Ellis for a camping trip sometime mid summer.

·
7,735 Posts
Every year I say I want to go explore the maze of roads up in the north-west area (around Ellis). Hopefully this year I'll finally get to it. They all score a green dot in the Wells guide, so I'm figuring dirt roads and good camping.

It's been a while since I've gone out to just run trails and not been focused on the rock crawling.

·
20,355 Posts
We need to get some good camping trips going this year.

And goddamn you for using chefs quote in your sig. Even if it is funny as hell!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna tie you up and put you in the trunk of Crissy's camry with a note that says "take me I'm yours" !:D:bhump::supergay:LMAO!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there"s two of them lol!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grizzly Lake and Wheeler Lake could be argued are not exactly easy trails.

I really want to hit Ellis for a camping trip sometime mid summer.
Ellis added.

I'd love to get some 3 day trips in just to fart around on some trails that have great scenery. I'm looking into the purchase of a new camera and I'd like to get some good photog goin.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
We need to get some good camping trips going this year.

And goddamn you for using chefs quote in your sig. Even if it is funny as hell!
I'm up for this. Last year i wanted to do some camping and just never got around to setting it up. I want to do several camping trips this summer be it with the club or otherwise.

Oh, and i wanted to do Red Cone after talking to Doug and Troy last year. That trail looks easy enough, but very scenic in the vid Molly made of it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really think you should add the Gulches.
Gulches?

I looked up some on Trail damage. There's Yoder Gulch, it doesn't seem too nasty, and there are easy scenic trails near it that would be fun to gon on as a first run of the season but I don't know if they would be open yet.

We could do a: Go to Leadville and gas up on friday afternoon, then take Wurtz ditch road to where it meets with Yoder Gulch, find a camping spot and then do some of the close by trails on Saturday. Then on Sunday we could do an easy trail, mid morning and head back to town around noonish.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts