TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have a 97 4runner 4x4 that as close to stock as you can get I planning to get work done to it at the end of summer but is there any quick ways(take anything off) that i can get more flex on the trail, hopefully this isnt a totally stupid question

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
am i going to feel any onroad difference without it? all i need to do is unbolt it

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OK, I think that's it just those stupid stickers that are pissing me off! Maybe I just get violent when I see lots of yellow with black writing. This just seems very stupid to me. I'm sorry! I am--I am! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i'm not really into spending money that i dont have to since i'm changing things around this summer so i'm thinking that i dont really need the swaybar discos?

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey guys I have a 97 4runner 4x4 that as close to stock as you can get I planning to get work done to it at the end of summer but is there any quick ways(take anything off) that i can get more flex on the trail, hopefully this isnt a totally stupid question
First……. Unbolt your swarbars while off-road, Then…… Flex out the suspension with the rear shocks removed and measure the compresses and extended distances in the rear. Then buy new shocks that are as close as possible to your measurements. This worked for me, but you will want to keep a close eye on your brake lines to make sure you are not overextending them.

Or you could just do an SAS!!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
First……. Unbolt your swarbars while off-road, Then…… Flex out the suspension with the rear shocks removed and measure the compresses and extended distances in the rear. Then buy new shocks that are as close as possible to your measurements. This worked for me, but you will want to keep a close eye on your brake lines to make sure you are not overextending them.

Or you could just do an SAS!!!!
yep a SAS would save him lots of money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wish that i could do sas but that will have to come another day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts