1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. $200 for a brush guard is WAY cheap, probably leads to poor workmanship.

Buyer beware!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I bought one like this off ebay (maybe the same guy) and I've been happy with it so far. I have hit two deer and both times the brush guard saved me. If you're looking for something to protect you from deer (like me) it's probably a good deal.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I have hit two deer and both times the brush guard saved me. If you're looking for something to protect you from deer (like me) it's probably a good deal.
You call them 4 legged critters with horns back east Deer? Let me know when you've seen a Mule Deer?
You get what you pay for? You buy something selling cheap, chances are it's cheap. I would rather save a few $'s more and get something name brand, known to be up for the job? Then again, I want my monies worth

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I'd recommend putting the money into a good aftermarket bumper instead. Brush guards are more about mall running than off roading. They do not add any significant amount of protection to your front end.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I had one on my '96. I did not care for it. Cheap, non-functional, and it would not have with stood the impact of a CAT, much less a deer. IMO, save up and check out the sponsors section.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I call it a deer, much bigger then all the mule deer I ever saw in Texas. I view it as better to spend that $200 on something to save me from a deer while I save for an ARB then to spend that $200 and more on a new front end of my truck. lol, I was/am happy.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Mule Deer are in the Rockies. You know real mountains, not the mole hills back East. White tails are in Texas. They look like dogs with horns. Like the ones back East!
You have your point? That's why this site is so fun!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't FCKU with the mule deer in Colorado. They will total your truck. Don't get me started on what on what an elk will do. I was stationed in North Carolina and someone said look at the deer. I looked....and I thought I was seeing a heard of fawns. I was like...that is a weird breed. The fawns already have horns. They said they were BIG!!! Ok fine....getting off track now. Brushguard good for brush. Bad for big deer. Save money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have seen some people driving around with those brush guards on and they dont seem to fit well. The section covering the head lights seems to stick up and it looks HORRIBLE. But then again for $200 what do you expect...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't FCKU with the mule deer in Colorado. They will total your truck. Don't get me started on what on what an elk will do. I was stationed in North Carolina and someone said look at the deer. I looked....and I thought I was seeing a heard of fawns. I was like...that is a weird breed. The fawns already have horns. They said they were BIG!!! Ok fine....getting off track now. Brushguard good for brush. Bad for big deer. Save money.
Elk? My cousin died due to hitting a Moose on his way home to Alaska. He was in the back seat behind the driver who somehow lived. They were in a car though.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
i say get a name brand bumper or custom fab one yourself so you know its good

·
Registered
348 Posts
Almost a whole year between posts.
:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's like everyone is comparing sizes in the john! A big dog can total your truck if you hit it fast enough. If you like it, buy the brush guard. If it's a cheapie, it will probably be light and won't cost much to drag it around.
In Missouri, we have average sized deer:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea? well here in PA, we have NO deer! :flipoff4: :doh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts