TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Well Tim why don't you be the guene pig and try them out. Report back what you find out and then I'll try them.:D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
onelastcast said:
read their disclosure. never heard or read of them but usually you get what you pay for. careful, it would be a hell of a buy if they are good quality but they might not pass DOT inspection.

look at these:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63711
I'm sorry, but I'm not paying that kind of money for freaking headers. $600-800 is crazy. They are headers! As far as DOT inspection, I have no idea what that is, but if you are talking about smog check, then yes, I will make sure they have a CARB sticker before I buy them.

Tim

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
yes smog testing. well then let us know if they are any good. I hope after install you won't have any leaks and the pipe is a good gage. the welds look good but then again that is just a picture of something you might not get.
their disclaimer says some of the headers are only for show and not for everyday use.

GL, and do a follow up if you get them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. There are also a set of Downey's for sale here locally, so we'll see what this guy says. I'm not holding my breath.

Tim

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just read in one of his other auctions that the headers are not CARB legal, so there goes that one.

Tim

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
tim, try and find some used trd headers, i picked up a set the other day for $400

just another option

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
I picked up a set of used TRD headers for a good price. If could go back in time, I never would have put them on my truck.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Ted said:
I picked up a set of used TRD headers for a good price. If could go back in time, I never would have put them on my truck.
how come? are the the gen 1 type?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do NOT buy anything from OBX or SSAutochrome. Go to any import board and do a search. The turbo manifolds crack like crazy. They use metal that is too thin with inferior welds. BUYER BEWARE!!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
stu said:
Do NOT buy anything from OBX or SSAutochrome. Go to any import board and do a search. The turbo manifolds crack like crazy. They use metal that is too thin with inferior welds. BUYER BEWARE!!
I thought so, they had to be saving money somewhere. Thanks for the info!

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
onelastcast said:
how come? are the the gen 1 type?

Yes...they are a PITA to install. Major hassle. Plus, "Y" pipe is always losing bolts, and the flange to the cat is always leaking. I do have the new "y" pipe, and will install sometime.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Listen to what stu says i had a 2k eclipse and had a couple buddies with eclipses that had them on and they are just cheap ass tin. They crack and give very little power gains and good luck getting them to pass smog. Thats my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Better to buy the expensive JBA headers then to waste whatever those cost.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True, but there has to be a happy medium, which is why I'm looking at the Downey headers. I also like the fact that the crossover pipe goes under the motor instead of over.

Tim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts