TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is a number of lift kits on ebay for around $200 or so. I don't know much about different brands but it seems like on lift block and spacer is just as good as the next. I know shocks would be different but a lot of the kits don't come with them. Does anybody know if it'd be a good or bad idea to buy a lift kit of ebay?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Jeffro8504 said:
I see there is a number of lift kits on ebay for around $200 or so. I don't know much about different brands but it seems like on lift block and spacer is just as good as the next. I know shocks would be different but a lot of the kits don't come with them. Does anybody know if it'd be a good or bad idea to buy a lift kit of ebay?
If you don't mind a shitty ride then go with the spacers. Actually I believe some people prefer the stiffer ride, so to each his own. Just remember, you get what you pay for, especially in this area. As far as buying a lift kit off ebay, it is like anything else you would buy, make sure you are buying from someone honest, other than that I don't see a problem with it.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Jeffro8504 said:
in general the kits on ebay are junk and some of the are simply dangerous and/or harmful to the truck's suspension.

stick with companies talked about here. At present the best 'spacer' type lifts are coming from Toytec (sponsor). this is the cheapest type of suspension lift; there are other types that are better but the price goes up according to quality ;)

ask yourself: how much lift do I want? why do I want a lift? what do I want to do with my truck...what type of off-roading? etc. etc. before you buy anything.

search

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ebay has a lot of top spacers rather than in the coil spacers. Never put anymore than about 1/2 inch above you coil assembly. It will hyperextend ball joints and cv joints. That will be come a huge headace. Any lift on Ebay that says you don't need a spring compressor to install and it lifts 3 inches DON"T DO IT! JUNK!
Search the supension folder. Your better riding less expensive lift is OME 881s a mild AAL and a mild Shackle. Its not the best but rides well and doesn't cost the same as coil overs and a new leaf packs. Check out toytec. If you go with a spacer you will get a harsh ride and less articulation compaired to the OME springs or coil overs.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jeffro8504 said:
for $200 you could get a brand new set of OME 881 coils and a set of used rear lift shackles off TTORA. just my :2cents:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts