TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's inevitable... this shit will make its way over here pretty soon.

There is no approved vaccine available yet for it.

Is anyone else at all concerned about this or taking any precautions?

I sure am glad I don't live in the city.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
It's inevitable... this shit will make its way over here pretty soon.

There is no approved vaccine available yet for it.

Is anyone else at all concerned about this or taking any precautions?

I sure am glad I don't live in the city.
We have developed a vaccine already and tested it on your people who were brought back and they survived. Public health care equals lots of dollars for research on behalf of peoples needs not drug companies profits.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ebola is not a concern. A novel strain of virulent and fatal airborne flu with respiratory receptors would kill 30% of the world population in a matter of a couple months.
Tough to say how likely it is though, it requires someone to take on a novel ave/pig fecal strain while they are already infected with a human respiratory binding strain AND it has to be virulent and lethal.
In all likelihood it will originate from somewhere that people live in close quarters with chickens etc., ie China etc. From there if it is virulent enough it will spread worldwide in a week or two.
It will kill until the end of the flu season when the warmer weather inhibits it's spread.
Sleep tight, but not with yer pigs and chickens gents.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Uh oh. I have about 30 chickens on my property.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Ebola is not a concern. A novel strain of virulent and fatal airborne flu with respiratory receptors would kill 30% of the world population in a matter of a couple months.
Tough to say how likely it is though, it requires someone to take on a novel ave/pig fecal strain while they are already infected with a human respiratory binding strain AND it has to be virulent and lethal.
In all likelihood it will originate from somewhere that people live in close quarters with chickens etc., ie China etc. From there if it is virulent enough it will spread worldwide in a week or two.
It will kill until the end of the flu season when the warmer weather inhibits it's spread.
Sleep tight, but not with yer pigs and chickens gents.
Yikes but hey survival of the fittest and fittest includes medicine.:):D:)

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Uh oh. I have about 30 chickens on my property.
you'll be fine !?

you've likely built up some immunity to chicken shit. Lol

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
you'll be fine !?

you've likely built up some immunity to chicken shit. Lol
ZING!!!!!:D

Much more worried that a localized airborne disease will morph and infect us on a larger scale. Ebola is a ways from making that leap.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heeeeeeerree's Johhhnny!!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time to get your bug-out kit ready.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ebola will have a tough time getting anywhere in a first world country, you know, where the citizens use soap and don't routinely shit in the streets.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Ebola will have a tough time getting anywhere in a first world country, you know, where the citizens use soap and don't routinely shit in the streets.

I'm curious if these "armed" guards posted at the family home of the folks who came in direct contact with that guy are prepared to shoot to kill if one of them makes a break for it.. :flamethro

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Except that people in first world countries regularly travel on airplanes and those who live in cities always pack in tightly together on subways and buses where they cough and sneeze on their hands and touch everything around them.... and then those things are touched by others who then touch their eyes, mouth, etc. or eat with their hands. Our society also frowns on calling in sick to work, so that just encourages sick people to put themselves in a situation where they are around a lot of other people while they are contagious.

Little kids are also a huge vessel for spreading stuff like this in first world countries because they aren't at all attentive to avoiding putting things in their mouths or covering up when they cough/sneeze. If it gets into a school system, it will spread everywhere in the school and then all the parents and families of those kids will get it too. Anyone who has ever had a sick kid (your own or a niece/nephew) can surely agree that you're likely to get something like this from them while taking care of them when they are sick.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Except that people in first world countries regularly travel on airplanes and those who live in cities always pack in tightly together on subways and buses where they cough and sneeze on their hands and touch everything around them.... and then those things are touched by others who then touch their eyes, mouth, etc. or eat with their hands. Our society also frowns on calling in sick to work, so that just encourages sick people to put themselves in a situation where they are around a lot of other people while they are contagious.

Little kids are also a huge vessel for spreading stuff like this in first world countries because they aren't at all attentive to avoiding putting things in their mouths or covering up when they cough/sneeze. If it gets into a school system, it will spread everywhere in the school and then all the parents and families of those kids will get it too. Anyone who has ever had a sick kid (your own or a niece/nephew) can surely agree that you're likely to get something like this from them while taking care of them when they are sick.
As a school bus driver I can tell you that all elementary kids are covered with boogers and other assorted icky things; I buy hand sanitizer by the gallon?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I can't belive I heard this morning that our idiotic government is now sending our military to Africa for the Ebola outbreak.
WTF they can't or won't take care of our own veterans but they're sending our military there. WHY? WTF is wrong with these assholes anyway?
Problem is not enough of our politicians have any military experence. Chaulk it up as another good reason for conscription. Only after you've spent some time on those boots yourself can you help decide where the military is commited.

As a school bus driver I can tell you that all elementary kids are covered with boogers and other assorted icky things; I buy hand sanitizer by the gallon?

·
Registered
368 Posts
US Health Department/CDC owns a patent on the Ebola virus. Maybe they just want their intellectual property returned? lol!

manufactured virus.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I can't belive I heard this morning that our idiotic government is now sending our military to Africa for the Ebola outbreak.
WTF they can't or won't take care of our own veterans but they're sending our military there. WHY? WTF is wrong with these assholes anyway?
Problem is not enough of our politicians have any military experence. Chaulk it up as another good reason for conscription. Only after you've spent some time on those boots yourself can you help decide where the military is commited.
When I heard about that I thought it was a horrible idea to send them too.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It goes beyond horrible, it's downright dammed stupid. Not only does it expose our troops, it exposes the entire nation when they return. It proves to me that they have absolutely nothing but shit for brains.

When I heard about that I thought it was a horrible idea to send them too.

·
Registered
982 Posts
US Health Department/CDC owns a patent on the Ebola virus. Maybe they just want their intellectual property returned? lol!

manufactured virus.
It's not a manufactured virus, it's registered with the CDC, for research, just as all known killer virus in the planet are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts