TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....of keeping the AFR a nice lean 14.7 right up until open loop, that is. I got my wideband installed last week and have been paying attention to what the truck does without fuel mods until I can get them installed this weekend. I don't even need a scan tool to tell when it goes into open loop right now. The ECU does it's best to keep the AFR at 14.7 until open loop when it instantly drops to as low as 11.3. Anyone who doesn't think they are running lean with the S/C should at least get a wideband unit and consider the AFR signal controller. If I would have installed the wideband at the same time I did the S/C, it would have changed the way I drive. I live at 6200' and have lean conditions. I can't imagine how starved for fuel my truck would be at sea level.

For those that moniter their AFR's, how lean does the truck really go when you let off the throttle and allow maximum vaccum? My gauge will read 16.0 every time. I'm not concerned about being lean in this situation, I just want to know how lean it really goes so I can callibrate my gauge a little better.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
mine will go to 19.9 or so then says lean then air

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I've seen mine get into the 20's on decel.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts