TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 96 manual 3.4 v6 s/c URD kit 2.2 pulley. I have the fuel map tuned up good ,but in third gear(high rpm/boost) the ecu dumps fuel to make the afr too rich (9.6 to 10.8 afr ). When the fuel dump doesn't occur it is right on at 12.1 . Accelerating in 2nd it is 11.8,12.1 and sometimes at the top of second(rpms) the fuel dump occurs ,and third and fourth the fuel dump stays on until I let up on the gas. It only happens at high rpms and pressure. If I try leaning out the fuel map it may help a little bit but if it doesn't dump the fuel, it would be too lean.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What is occurring is that the FTC fuel table is using the same cell for two or more gears. In order to achieve the same AFR for all gears you would need an individual fuel table for every gear. Since the FTC doesn't offer this feature your best bet is to set the AFR for optimum power in 4th gear.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem is if I lean it out for optimum afr in fourth it would be to lean in third. Also nomatter what I set the ftc at the ecu over rides it like a security measure not to lean out in high rpm .

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You are much more likely to do more acceleration in 3rd all the way to max RPM then you are in 4th. Tune for best performance in 3rd since that is where you are going to be most of the time compared to 4th. Topping out 4th is going pretty damn fast in most trucks.

Gadget

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ftc is tuned perfectly all the way through all rpms and pressure. For some reason the ecu dumps fuel at mainly high pressure. Usually starts around 5psi to 7psi all the way through the fuel map. I've noticed that it's mainly when pulling a hill , because when I went down hill the afr was right on. Gears didn't really affect it either because I put it in four wheel drive and accelerated off the line and second was showing 9.6 afr. It is some kind of load induced fuel dump not affected by the ftc unit.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gadget said:
You are much more likely to do more acceleration in 3rd all the way to max RPM then you are in 4th. Tune for best performance in 3rd since that is where you are going to be most of the time compared to 4th. Topping out 4th is going pretty damn fast in most trucks.

Gadget

Speaking of tuning and AFR....

The video from Innvatemotorsports.com (LM-101: LM-1 Installation and Setup) says the sensor for the LM-1 will only sample if EGT is less than 1300 degrees. You and others have said that max power is produced at 1400-1450 F. Should I be worried about destorying my LM-1 sensor?

On another note the LM-1 is a very powerful tool. Its very precise with lots bling functions and bling accesories. Any chance of more precise piggy back computer or stand alone ECU from URD? It would be great if you could buy an engine management control unit with diagiontic and sampling cabilities. LIke a LM-1 plus piggy back. But it would be some major dough.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hello Gadget? Are you out there? I thrown a lot of money at you guys. I would like some clearification on this. It seems like you guys only reponse if your company rep. at stake.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Rep at stake?

You can email me any time for help with tuning or any other issue.

We have never seen an overtemp issue with the LM-1 sensor. It is sensor temp and it disapates a lot of heat through the bung and into the pipe. If you do get an over temp warning from the LM-1 we do have the Innovate heat sink bung extensions you can buy and use. You can also follow the recommendations from Innovate and make your own heat sink from a piece of copper plate.

For Innovate specific info they have a very nice forum on their website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts