TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking into purchasing some headers for my 03' 3.4L 4wd and was wondering the opinions of those who have used them. also, the edelbrock website says they will fit 95-98. will these fit my 03?

·
Registered
836 Posts
This has been discussed recently. A quick search will lead you in the right direction, but just in case.....don't bother with headers until you are super charged on your v6! You won't be as happy as you will if you save the $$$ and apply it toward a S/C.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Breathegood said:
This has been discussed recently. A quick search will lead you in the right direction, but just in case.....don't bother with headers until you are super charged on your v6! You won't be as happy as you will if you save the $$$ and apply it toward a S/C.

I can't DISagree more. I've run my Eddie headers on my 96 since 97 or so. I have plenty of power and no complaints at all. For the $300 or so I spent on the headers, the power to $$$ ratio is good. The power to $$$ is not so good on the S/C once you factor in all the other mods to make it run right.

My dos pesos.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You're also assuming self-installation. most of us cannot or will not install the ehaders- it's a pretty tough job. I think the dealer charges about $600+ for the install, so figure a cool $1000 to get it in (assuming a $300 header). If you want a TRD header, you're probably looking at near $1500 installed.

COmpared to the supercharger, if you can find a deal (like the Carson Toyota rebuilds for $1150), add on the URD kit for $1000, roughly $2200 gets you a lot more than double the HP gain the headers give. Even at $3000 total, the gain is more than triple what you'd get with a header I'd bet.

If you can do a header for $300 total though, I agree, that's a deal!!

-Dave

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
detcord said:
I can't DISagree more. I've run my Eddie headers on my 96 since 97 or so. I have plenty of power and no complaints at all. For the $300 or so I spent on the headers, the power to $$$ ratio is good. The power to $$$ is not so good on the S/C once you factor in all the other mods to make it run right.

My dos pesos.
Any problems with the crossover pipe banging against the rocks? It does go under the tranny correct? Any pics? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts