TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these shocks as replacements ???

I see most people believe that the Bilsteins are the best replacement. But is anyone running these. I hear from the Full Size truck guys they are pretty nice.

I drive a 99 2.7 5speed Ext Cab. Tacoma w/TRD package and 107k on it.

I have a Leer Cap on the back too, so I am sure that didn't help the stock Bilsteins. Any thoughts on a helper spring back there for the little extra weight I have because of it? I use my truck as a daily commuter and for camping with my wife.

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Edelbtock makes nice shocks but the company itself is outdated. Bilstein is the best shock company of modern times, IMO anyway.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I looked for the IAS shocks, but couldn't find a Tacoma application. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? I ended up going with Bilstein up front and OME out back, it seems to work pretty good, but I still wonder if those IAS shocks really live up to their advertising.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I had IAS shocks on my Explorer when I had it and liked them. I had one fail once and they overnighted me another one to replace it. Good customer service. I think they are better suited for on road driving than beating them up off road. Their valves don't seem to hold up to it and break. Just my experience with them, but it wasn't on a Tacoma. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts