TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh yeah 2 days in and we know how to toast in Hungarian!

Started on Sunday on a jorney in Tower Rigger's new ride. So worth it. Was trying to figure out at the airpport if his ford could tug this A300-60 (It can sez Jody) our plane is the longest currently made!

A good flight to Frankfurt. I slept most of the way, but watched Transformers 2 with troy. Switched flights in Franfurt to Budapoest. Got into BP I dunno around 3:30? And then to our hotel by 4:30.

This is the which is one of 7 golf courses in Hungary (I guess Exibit played over the summer... who knew?) It is a full spa too.

Pólus Palace Entry - skylight over the entrance

Woods right between the golf course and hotel:

A baby begium Draft

One of the paths for the golf carts

Gazebo reflected in the pond

Polis Palace reflected in the pond - this was 7:30 am... it was STILL!

Sun rise reflected in pond

Clock sign

The little row boat I want to go play in and then fall over!

Grace's picture that she drew of Lay;la for me to take with. So freaking cute!
View out of my window

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
more rickety boat!

Me reading up on my czech history by the pool - it was 75 degrees. Awesome!

The afternoon sun coming in our room, it was very fairty tale like...

This waas the VERY small chapel on the grounds. (seats 8?)

Chapel windows in the setting sun

Night Palm while I am on the patio having a Pilsner Urquel waiting for troy to come get me for dinner

The dinner/bar place we went to in Batz (pronounced Vatz)

It wa so cool, had to duck to get from room to room!

Attila on left, then Troy, Dan, and Laslty Gabor. (Andre and I were not in the pic)

Such a cool spot and the food was excellent as well!

A great end to the night! Gabor, Molly, and Attila!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, but how was the wheelin?:p

Just kidding, nice pics.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Molly, your photography is absolutely incredible! I'm blown away, seriously, each photo draws the eye perfectly, is framed well, and the colors are beautiful. You must have a good camera?
I'm really thrilled with your travels so far...keep us up to date!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it is a simple Cannon PowerShot A60, but I've gotten good using that specific camera. Thanks for the compliments Jeremy. I kinda feel like it's booring to look at the same old tourist photos so I try and make it interesting!

Tonight we move to the Marriot right on the Danube River in Budapest!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Looks like a pretty rough place where you stayed, how did you manage?:D What a cool looking pub though!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Troy's work managed. It's where he always stays. I know.... rough, but he never had time to enjoy the amenities. Me, I walked the grounds, swam the swimming pool, took awesome pics and got to hang out with Attila and Gabor (as well as Troy and Dan) keeping up with the guys on beer. But then again that is no secret for me.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ixne on the wheeling. We are lucky in America.

ANd holy crap I thought americans walked "hard" the people coming in and out of this lobby stomp like they mean it!

I think they might be goose-stepping!!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Budapest Last night (Looking at the Castle acrossse the Danube)

The Chain bridge

Bennet Chilling

Troy too

Not the best pic, but me and the castle

Mmmm Beer!

The metal cast shoes from Jewish prisoners that were thrown into the danumbe the by Nazi's. Very moving. The baby booties were the harest to see.

Chaluhlly Chandilier in the 4 Seasons Hotel Loby

The Sofitel Hotel? Pretty darned cool!

A cool sculputre in our Hotel

Our Uber comfy Room!

So Today Bennet and I are off to sight see (He is the Auditor and is done withhis part of the work) Troy and Dan went with Attila to visit customers. We all get to have a fantastic dinner tonight!

Thanks all for looking at our pics ;)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Looks like you are having fun. It will be interesting to see your pics from Prague and the surrounding areas. I can't wait to go back. Will you be driving on the Autoban at all? If so I want to know what car you rented.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don;t think we are on the AutoBahn. Budapest Via Slovakia, then Brno and on to Prague. Drive time should be about 4.5 hours. We'll ge getting in late tonight since Troy is still at work and I dount we'll leave Budapest till 6ish!

I forgot what kind of car? A Skagen maybe?? It's a little 5 door hatchback. sporty enough though!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Troy answered before I could. Log off ya goof and lets goet going!!!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok Day 3! (Thursday Oct 8th)

This was in abandoned building near downtown!

And the architecture has a sense of humor!

Bennet plays with a pup he met.

The Great Market: I got Kat a little present here ;)

He seemed top be going no-where in a hurry so I rode along!

We were supposed to be seeing these at the END of the night... not earlier in the day! I wonder it was an omen :D

View from the Marriote Executive Suite (rooftop deck)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
No, I think we miss Germany, going through Slovakia instead.

It's a SEAT Ibiza 1.6. Petrol (not diesel) Very good looking car, handles nice, seems to be easy on gas.
Ahh too bad. We had a skoda 5 door with a 1.8 Petrol. In kilometers it looks like you are going a lot faster then you really are. But I could hear the engine wining. Even with the pedal to the floor we were still passed like we were standing still by Mercedes, Audi, and Porsche.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Skoda, SEAT, Audi ... all VW's in the end

Yeah, I think it's funny how low geared the top ratio is. Last car I had over here was a Renault Megane diesel with a 6-speed, and it still tached like crazy on the highway...

Got 29+ MPG on the way to Prague. Will fill up in the morning and see what we got on the way back - I am thinking it will be better.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good lord if you drive a Mercedes over here you drive like a real asshole. Seriously. These guys will run you off the road! ;)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah if you are in the left lane and you see headlights about a mile back get the PHUC out of the left lane fast or they will run you over. Last I heard CZ has one of the highest death rates due to auto accidents. So defensive driving is in order. We took the Trollybus whenever we could just to avoid the driving.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts