• Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright heres the question.

which coils takes the bacon... haha ok

im a TRD prerunner and i have the height ajustable bils 5100s. MY COILS are shot to hell because even with the bils5100s set on the full lift i am only getting about about 1.5"s of lift. so obveously i need new coils.

i offroad when i get a good chance. maybe once every 3 months... i dont mind a rough ride and i want to spend the minimum amount of cash on a new set of coils (or used). soooo

which is better in my shoes, Eibach or Old Man Emu?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
you have a V6 or 4? The Eibachs are 600lb coils, designed for heavy bumpers. I'll have mine installed this week on the Bilsteins, but I'm wearing a 125lb ARB front bumper and a 100 pound flat belly skid with a V6

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Eibach are nice springs but finding them in the right length, diameter and coil weight will be the issue. OME or Tundra springs will more than likely be a better option.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have a V6 or 4? The Eibachs are 600lb coils, designed for heavy bumpers. I'll have mine installed this week on the Bilsteins, but I'm wearing a 125lb ARB front bumper and a 100 pound flat belly skid with a V6
i have a v6. i have a westin bar but it doesnt really matter. it weights 40lbs.

Eibach are nice springs but finding them in the right length, diameter and coil weight will be the issue. OME or Tundra springs will more than likely be a better option.
toytec offers the eibach coils in the correct length and diameter, right?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have the OME coils from Toytec and no problems. I dont have the bilstein 5100's though

·
Registered
525 Posts
hah! so like ive been telling you.. for your prerunner.. you dont need the eibachs. go for the ome.. theyre so much better for your application. and its easier to find them used at great prices

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the OME coils from Toytec and no problems. I dont have the bilstein 5100's though
looks like we have a really similar look truck. iv never seen you on the road before. im located near shallowford Road and Johnstons ferry Road intersection.

hah! so like ive been telling you.. for your prerunner.. you dont need the eibachs. go for the ome.. theyre so much better for your application. and its easier to find them used at great prices
haha i know george lol i think u told me to make this thread just so you could say it to me on here too! haha

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
looks like we have a really similar look truck. iv never seen you on the road before. im located near shallowford Road and Johnstons ferry Road intersection.
I live on Burnt Hickory near Due West road, but i go to school at Southern Poly
and i work near school too. If you want to check out my truck setup for any reason, let me know

·
Registered
525 Posts
I live on Burnt Hickory near Due West road, but i go to school at Southern Poly
and i work near school too. If you want to check out my truck setup for any reason, let me know
haha went to dominion christian high over off burnt hickory.. behind harrison

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
5 Participants
VSU_4runnin
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing