TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently $$ is tight and need to get gears up front before any REAL suspension upgrades I want to do go down..

Right now up front I have some TRD struts (they're red, dont think they're OEM) and eibach coil springs ( rated at 500 by looking up part # ) w/ a 2" spacer. This suspension came with the truck and is basically SHIT.. struts are blown to hell, 2" spacers :rolleyes:, upper ball joints are shot, AAL on minitaco rear leafs, ranchos :xcrybaby: ..

I want to get some OME N91S for the time being and Im wondering if my eibach springs will do the job. Here's some info from a google search about them: " 0800.250.0500 Eibach, 8" coil over spring, 2.5 Diameter Rate 500 ".

If those two work out, then I have another question.. I bought some 33x12.50 BFG mud's about 10k miles ago that dont rub one bit w/ my current setup, will I be able to use the 2" spacer w/ the OME/Eibachs til I get some real coilovers? ( I also have a 2" BL by the way )

Doing a bit of searching I found hytenor's post that mentioned using eibach coils from #500-600 here.

If the OME's wont work, anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys :D

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I don't really have an answer for you but I'd put all that money you are going to spend on the suspension and get your gears done with it, if you were thinking of doing that along with the gears. Get your front gears the same as the rear and at least you can wheel regardless of shot suspension. :D

I still haven't seen you running around town. If I do though I'll honk at ya! :D

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
turbo4door said:
Currently $$ is tight and need to get gears up front before any REAL suspension upgrades I want to do go down..

Right now up front I have some TRD struts (they're red, dont think they're OEM) and eibach coil springs ( rated at 500 by looking up part # ) w/ a 2" spacer. This suspension came with the truck and is basically SHIT.. struts are blown to hell, 2" spacers :rolleyes:, upper ball joints are shot, AAL on minitaco rear leafs, ranchos :xcrybaby: ..

I want to get some OME N91S for the time being and Im wondering if my eibach springs will do the job. Here's some info from a google search about them: " 0800.250.0500 Eibach, 8" coil over spring, 2.5 Diameter Rate 500 ".

If those two work out, then I have another question.. I bought some 33x12.50 BFG mud's about 10k miles ago that dont rub one bit w/ my current setup, will I be able to use the 2" spacer w/ the OME/Eibachs til I get some real coilovers? ( I also have a 2" BL by the way )

Doing a bit of searching I found hytenor's post that mentioned using eibach coils from #500-600 here.

If the OME's wont work, anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys :D
I'm a little confused...8" coil? my Elbachs that came in the SAWs are 15" coils and I can't imagine using coils that much shorter.
you could also replace you shocks with some Bilstein HDs that would do the trick as far as shock replacements. but 8" coils?? are you sure? Heck, at that length they wouldn't even fit in the shock, LOL. the shortest OME coil, the 880, is about 14.4" tall.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ya 8" coil does seem a bit short, thats what that site says.. Its raining like crazy right now but I'll go out and take a measurement compressed.

Shit wait.. I was reading that site wrong..

The number is 1400.250.0500.. which means 14.00" coil, 2.50" diameter and rated at #500. :D There we go

Im definitely getting gears up front very soon, but want to get some replacement struts as well.. Where can I get some bilstein HD's? I dont know any info on those. The boots on my upper ball joints are damn near torn off, squeek like crazy! I think I'll take the spacer off just to relieve some pain my IFS is going through ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
turbo4door said:
Ya 8" coil does seem a bit short, thats what that site says.. Its raining like crazy right now but I'll go out and take a measurement compressed.

Shit wait.. I was reading that site wrong..

The number is 1400.250.0500.. which means 14.00" coil, 2.50" diameter and rated at #500. :D There we go

Im definitely getting gears up front very soon, but want to get some replacement struts as well.. Where can I get some bilstein HD's? I dont know any info on those. The boots on my upper ball joints are damn near torn off, squeek like crazy! I think I'll take the spacer off just to relieve some pain my IFS is going through ;)
Demello has the shocks so contact him.
get some new OE ball joints from Chris at trdparts4u.com , they are not that expensive. Just 'relieving some pain' won't fix what's broke ;)

As for the Elbach part #, I have no idea. I would comtact the guys at Camburg.com (call them) to make sure you even have the right spring in there in the first place ;) they can sell you the Hds as well.

It's pouring here as well and will start getting pretty wild in the next day or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts