TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went camping out in the desert this weekend with a few friends and my buddy brought his 2wd open rear xterra. it actually did pretty good, i only had to pull him out 3 times. but the trails were pretty easy. most of these pics are from the west loop and east loop trails with a couple detours to find some rocks. enjoy.

the new dakars handle the weight pretty well

i have no idea what this is but the date in the concrete was july 1953

i did this a few times

now for the bad quality ones. sorry.somone thought the multiple shot setting would be a good idea

the pics are kinda boring but we were just out having fun and screwin around.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't worry about that concrete thing. It's an abondoned nuclear missile silo. :D J/K Looks like you guys had fun!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah i dont know it had bars on it like it was a drain maybe. but why would there be a drain in the middle of the desert? it seemed like it went down deep but there was too much trash and rocks on top to tell

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I would guess it was a bomb shelter.

1953 would have been right in the middle of the cold war and many people were scared we were going to get nuked.

Hiding in the middle of nowhere and building a concrete bunker was the best thing you could do, so some people did it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fast frank said:
I would guess it was a bomb shelter.

1953 would have been right in the middle of the cold war and many people were scared we were going to get nuked.

Hiding in the middle of nowhere and building a concrete bunker was the best thing you could do, so some people did it.

yeah thats what i figured. it probly goes down pretty deep, or i would hope so cuz the top is only about 2-3" thinck with no rebar or anything

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
LOL....."I did this a few times."

I saw about 20 xterra`s the other weekend-that`s funny. Yeah, with mods they wheel nice-kinda like a jeep.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looks like a great time, wish I had more time for wheelin'. Full time job, full time masters program = no fun. I couldn't help but notice you were pulling your buddy up the hill in reverse, just wanted to let you know you might not want to do that. The gearing on reverse is not near as strong as 1st, that is pretty hard on it and would likely do some damage if done often. I would only do that in a must-do situation. Anyways, looks like a lot of fun!

Luke

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
padesertboy said:
LOL....."I did this a few times."

I saw about 20 xterra`s the other weekend-that`s funny. Yeah, with mods they wheel nice-kinda like a jeep.
yeah i just wish it was a 4x4 so we could go do more fun stuff. but i think all the weight in the back gives it good traction or somthing

swanky868 said:
Looks like a great time, wish I had more time for wheelin'. Full time job, full time masters program = no fun. I couldn't help but notice you were pulling your buddy up the hill in reverse, just wanted to let you know you might not want to do that. The gearing on reverse is not near as strong as 1st, that is pretty hard on it and would likely do some damage if done often. I would only do that in a must-do situation. Anyways, looks like a lot of fun!

Luke
i dont have any recovery points in the rear. i realy didnt want to rip my bumper off. thanks for the tip though.. you are probably correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts