TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the end of the year, therefore it's time to start thinking about club officer elections (or replacements).

All 3 positions are available. Aaron as served his term as VP, Lance has served his term as Treasurer, and I've done one year of my term as President (yes, I'm only serving one term).

And just a reminder of the election rules we defined last year (http://ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2039886&postcount=102):

Terms and Elections
-All offices have 2 year terms
-Elections for president will be during even numbered years (2010, 2012, etc) -Elections for vice president and treasurer (if there needs to be one) will occur during odd number years (2011, 2013, etc).
-Elections can be held first week of November (just like real ones :D).
-There will be no term limits, but there will always be an election. If you want change, announce yourself as a officer candidate during the election period.
-If the current officer chooses not to run for the next term, and there is no outspoken opposition, then that officer has the right to choose his/her replacement, or a list of candidates to vote on. Seems harsh, but it helps prevent a vacancy. Plus I know many of use would step in if explicitly asked to do so. :)

So, if you are interested in keeping this club alive, then grab the bull by the horns, nominate someone for a position, and get involved.

If there isn't any interest in the positions, then I'm completely in favor for creating a "manager" position that encompasses all 3 current positions.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If there isn't any interest in the positions, then I'm completely in favor for creating a "manager" position that encompasses all 3 current positions.
I hate to say it but might be what's best right now given the fact that a lot of people are too busy being Houdini.

I'd love for someone to come in here and change the game and prove me wrong though.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I hate to say it but might be what's best right now given the fact that a lot of people are too busy being Houdini.

I'd love for someone to come in here and change the game and prove me wrong though.
X2, although I'm pretty sure we're required to have a "president". Three officers are unneccesary to preside over 6 wheelers and 10 keyboard commandos.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm glad to help however I can, but keep in mind I have a sub-chapter over here in Memphis that takes most of my offroad club leadership abilities...
Sounds like you are perfectly qualified. Since we are such an active group, I can't imagine you not being able to fit it into your busy schedule.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm flattered, but I don't think I'd be able to offer the hands-on approach needed. I'm planted in Memphis for a while :(
Oh, come on, Jordan. You know you have plenty of time to plan stuff then everybody say they are in only to come down to it and everybody back out... Sounds fun, eh?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Thanks for the input fellows.

So who wants the keys to the kingdom?
I would be willing to put my hat back in assuming its not expected of me to run 4 or 5 diamond trails.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As of Jan, 1 2012, Glen (79coyotefrg) is the new AR-TTORA President/Manager/Overseer.

See you guys on the trails! ;)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
time to stop doing this--->

and do some --->

then some :driving: and :camping:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts