TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know The Advantages Of Having An Electric Fan, But I Dont Want To Spend Close To $300 For The Dual Flex-a-lite. I Have An 03 Ext Cab 3.4l V6 And Was Wondering If There Was An Electric Fan From Another Vehicle That Would Work Will With The Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
2BIGTACOMA03 said:
THERE IS A 3.0L AND A 3.8L. I DONT KNOW WHICH WORKS BEST. MEASUREMENTS SHOW THAT THE 3.8L WORKS BEST. ANYONES OPINION WOULD HELP.
Maybe Joe Mauma will post.
When I asked this question on the old board he had all the info on how to adapt a Taurus fan to the 3.4, and the benefits/negatives of doing this. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
142 Posts
tbplus10 said:
Maybe Joe Mauma will post.
When I asked this question on the old board he had all the info on how to adapt a Taurus fan to the 3.4, and the benefits/negatives of doing this. ;)

Tim
I used a different fan for my setup. It was a permacool which pushed high cfm's and drew little power.

I had the fan on my truck for a year, but removed it because it was a waste of money which didn't benefit my truck in any sort of way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
joe_mauma said:
I used a different fan for my setup. It was a permacool which pushed high cfm's and drew little power.

I had the fan on my truck for a year, but removed it because it was a waste of money which didn't benefit my truck in any sort of way.

Did you notice any gain in mpg?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
yeah i just did mine. and while i have broken my fan in water crossings it depends on what you use your truck more for...... my drive every day is on the freeway so theres no need to ever flip on the fan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a flexlite setup and have had no problems, but it's not really a worthwhile mod as the power (maybe just a little at freeway speeds) and mileage (at most +0.5mpg) gains are pretty minimal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts