TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the deal I am getting one of the new TRD axle's from Shannon........Then I am gonna get a wireing kit and e-locker gaurd from InchWorm........my problem is the factory wireing harness that runs between the locker and inchwoms control kit.

inchworm has one for 40$ , Shannon has two.........one for 50$ and one for 103$.......he is not sure what the difference is......he spent like 30 min on the phone with me trying to figure it out yesterday and nearest he can tell the hundred dollar one is for abs (which i have) and the 50$ is for non abs....meaning it don't come with any wireing to accomodate the abs system.

But I got to thinking......my truck already has all that wireing there......do I need the abs one or can I reuse the wireing I already have and buy the cheap locker harness??? If I can go this route I would rather as it isolates the two and I think it would be simpler.

Anyone have any thoughts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The Inchworm wiring deal I think is made by Advanced Adaptors. But, I recently installed one and it's pretty easy. But, my locker came with all the wiring from the diff itself and I don't have ABS. But, I would highly recommend that kit. Great directions and pretty easy to do. Just have your soldering gun ready to do the resistor and make sure when you test it that it's working right and the resistor is not getting too hot. I made the mistake of not engaging my front hubs and the resistor was getting really hot.
Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why not just wire in a toggle to power the actuator?
no need to connect to the computer that I am aware of...
That is sort of what I am doing.......the inchworm kit allows you to have the locker activated by a togle in any mode.....not just low........but I have to have the factory harness to hook to the motor itself

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Inchworm wiring deal I think is made by Advanced Adaptors. But, I recently installed one and it's pretty easy. But, my locker came with all the wiring from the diff itself and I don't have ABS. But, I would highly recommend that kit. Great directions and pretty easy to do. Just have your soldering gun ready to do the resistor and make sure when you test it that it's working right and the resistor is not getting too hot. I made the mistake of not engaging my front hubs and the resistor was getting really hot.
Good luck and enjoy!
that is good to hear........I think that the abs should be a plug and play deal but time will tell.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
That is sort of what I am doing.......the inchworm kit allows you to have the locker activated by a togle in any mode.....not just low........but I have to have the factory harness to hook to the motor itself
doing the grey mod will allow you to use the locker in and mode also

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I haven't seen a good review yet of the cable system ... could just be that people only bitch on the internet, but there's been several people unhappy with it.

You can build your own "wiring harness" from some simple relays. Here's writeup about using the power antenna switch:
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=110715&highlight=elocker+wiring

Mike could probably draw it up - it's a momentary pulse, not a constant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts