TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Toyota Folks-

It is cold here in Northern New Jersey today, and my 06 Tacoma is having two issues of concern.

My "Key Warning" sound won't shut off today- even when the key is out.

Now, the Hazard Lights won't shut off, no matter what I do with the Hazard light button!

I have even disconnected the battery, and reconnected, and both the key warning alarm and the hazards continued as before. The key warning alarm DOES go off like it should when I close the driver door.

I thought it was the computer, because there has been a consistent issue with the car not recognizing the driver door being open, and the interior light would go out and lock the damn doors!

ANY help or advice would be enormously appreciated! Right now, all I can do is keep the battery disconnected so the flashers won't run out the battery!

Bernie

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Have you done any aftermarket electronics to your truck?
Check the fuses and relays?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tejas,

I am still having the issue with the doors not activating the overhead light, and occasionally locking the door. That has been an issue since I bought the car at 95,000 miles, 10,000 miles ago.

It took a few days now for the key-warning sound to successfully shut off after I take the key out.

But after leaving the battery unhooked for 20 minutes, the hazards were able to be turned off.

I can say that I am suspicious of having just gone to the car wash- I wonder if it is possible that water could get in by the computer-tester-hookup?

Bernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts