TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my cruise did not work the other day on the freeway. The light comes on, but would not set (hold) speed. Then the next day I tried it again, and it worked this time. Then the next day, I am using cruise and it starts accelerating out of no where. I let it go to try to see what it was doing, but as it started rounding 90mph I turned it off. Then today (day 4) I notice my blinkers are not working. They don't do ANYTHING... no blinking on the dash, no blinking on the truck. The cruise still doesn't work either. My head lights work. My tail lights work, and my horn works. Anyone have any ideas? What should I start checking first?

The hazards still work, but the light on the cruise control does not even light up anymore when you hit the on button. I have a 500 mile trip to take this weekend and I need to fix this ASAP... any ideas? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Your truck is witched. LOL!

Na on a serious note, as for your CC, check your vaccum lines; you CC works on vaccum. they could get pinched or might have a leak and it keeps on suckin to compensate. thats where I would start; my best guess.

as for the blinkers check the blinker relay. switch it out with a buddys to troubleshoot.

those don't work, Keep on troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
gremlins.

try what jose suggested. if all else fails, take it to joementum.

Both of ya'll come by in the morning.
I'll be here at 7:00, I have a couple of hours in the morning open.

Joe

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Your truck is witched. LOL!

Na on a serious note, as for your CC, check your vaccum lines; you CC works on vaccum. they could get pinched or might have a leak and it keeps on suckin to compensate. thats where I would start; my best guess.

as for the blinkers check the blinker relay. switch it out with a buddys to troubleshoot.

those don't work, Keep on troubleshooting.
Our CC works on vaccum? Are you sure about that?!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured it out... mine had a CRAP load of fuses blown under the dash... my brake lights were not working either. The cruise control is tied into the brakes so it can sense when to turn off when you hit the brakes... so I don't know if the brake lights popped the fuse, or if the cruise popped the fuse... it had to have happened for some reason so we will see if it happens again... my blinker fuse was popped too... I am thinking mud and water got into my trailer connection under the back of my truck... I have been doing a lot of deep water crossing lately... I am going to get under there on sunday, pressure wash the entire undercarage and pull all my connections apart that I can see and put diolectric grease in all of them... make sure they have a nice connection and keep MOST moisture out...

·
Old School
938 Posts
Our CC works on vaccum? Are you sure about that?!
Yea x2 on that. I don't got a clue what it is based off of. Ever since I did the conversion my cruise hasn't worked. I figured it was becasue the speedo didn't work. Just my :2cents: but that also has to be tied into it somehow...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I am going to get under there on sunday, pressure wash the entire undercarage..
it could be that mud and dirt are getting into some hot spots. This might be true, for example, when wheeling at spring creek when it's really muddy. besides, mud could eventually deteriority seals.

Mud is evil:mad:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
yeah it works with some vaccum too. it has a rubber hose connected to the intake, disconnect that and your shit won't work.
works similar to the master cylinder
on earlier trucks it might.. my 98 01 and 03 had electronic cruise control, the 03 and newer dont even have a cruise control module.. it is integrated into the throttle body

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
on earlier trucks it might.. my 98 01 and 03 had electronic cruise control, the 03 and newer dont even have a cruise control module.. it is integrated into the throttle body
My 01 has a canster on the passenger side that pulls the wire attached to the TB. that has a vaccum line to it from the intake. disconnect that and it won't work.

·
Old School
938 Posts
My 01 has a canster on the passenger side that pulls the wire attached to the TB. that has a vaccum line to it from the intake. disconnect that and it won't work.
I think mine may be like that. I will look for loose vacume lines. Any idea if that is the only thing that would affect it ? Will the speedo not working be an issue also ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
i really think it will cause only use for the vacuum is for pulling on the cable but it still goes by the speedo electronicly. not sure but it makes sense to me.
someone correct me if im wrong.

gl!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts