TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my head unit out today, and when i went to re-install it doesn't come on at all. also the headlight buzzer and door buzzer are out. i checked the radio fuse and others, and they all look fine. this definatley seems like a fuse somewhere blew, is there any other fuses i should be checking to see what happened? anything else i should check???

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wiring looks fine. same as it did before. i'm thinking fuse because the door and headlight buzzers went out at the same time as the radio

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I'm thinking connector but fuses are easy to check.
Be sure to check those under the hood as well.
In either case you're not going to find it by pissing away time on the board. LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it ended up being the fuse for the dome light that blew. i found a wire that had been rubbing and wore the insulation off, so it was shorting out. problem solved now. thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glad you found the problem.

I always check fuses with a continuity tester. Just touch the two metal spots on top of the fuse. No need to pull the fuse from the fuse block. Sometimes a blown fuse can actually look OK. The fuse can blow up against the side of the "filament", instead of in the middle of the fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts