TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To keep it short and sweet, had my truck break dwn due to a cracked spark plug and burnt wire about 2 months ago. Noticed that my truck has been not smooth when hitting the higher rpms. Inspected spark wires and found a spot where one wire is nicked 2-3 times. Can this be causing the problem? Either way, how can it be patched? I was thinking just some simple electrical tape but wasnt sure about the engine bay temp effecting the tape. Also, when I do get up to higher rpms, my truck seems to almost loose power or back off a little just before the intake kicks in. Any ideas as to what this may be from? Thanks for the input

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thats my delimma. The wires are brand new and were nicked when replaced by the "certified mechanic" at a local shop (not by my own choice was that the installer!). To throw another kink in the problem, I am leaving for school 2morrow so I cant really go back to the shop and get them to fix it! That why I was wondering if electrical tape (or another substitute) can fix the problem. Also what would be considered a "tune up"? The spark plugs were also changed with the wires. Anything else I can do on my own that will solve or at least help the problem that can be done in the parking lot!?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Well thats my delimma. The wires are brand new and were nicked when replaced by the "certified mechanic" at a local shop (not by my own choice was that the installer!). To throw another kink in the problem, I am leaving for school 2morrow so I cant really go back to the shop and get them to fix it! That why I was wondering if electrical tape (or another substitute) can fix the problem. Also what would be considered a "tune up"? The spark plugs were also changed with the wires. Anything else I can do on my own that will solve or at least help the problem that can be done in the parking lot!?
Ah, then no need for replacement...just rap the damaged area with several wraps of electrical tape or better yet, this type of stuff. http://www.rescuetape.com/

I keep some in the truck for emergencies...great stuff.

ok, new plugs ....but, were they gapped correctly?
...not that that would cause the symptoms...

you said cracked pulg...cracked where? did anything get into the cylinder?

other than that...dirty MAF sensor, bad or clogged CAT, dirty air filter...:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts