TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won a auction on a tacoma on Ebay. The truck is in texas, i'm wondering if there is going to be emission complications. California dmv website says that under the hood it must say "california certified" not "federally certified." The truck was originally purchased and registered in Virginia, then registered in Arizona. Anyone know anything on this. I know tacomas are made in california but that doesn't mean they all conform to california emission restictions.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
bigairrider01 said:
I just won a auction on a tacoma on Ebay. The truck is in texas, i'm wondering if there is going to be emission complications. California dmv website says that under the hood it must say "california certified" not "federally certified." The truck was originally purchased and registered in Virginia, then registered in Arizona. Anyone know anything on this. I know tacomas are made in california but that doesn't mean they all conform to california emission restictions.
only Cali spec Tacos have the 'cali certified' stickers. there are other states besides Ca that have this, however.

check with your local dealer as to what you will need to do to pass cali smog.

·
Administrator
18,281 Posts
bigairrider01 said:
That is exactly correct. The emissions plaque under the hood will say if the truck meets California and Federal emissions standards or just federal. If its just federal, you will probably have to make additional modifications to pass CA emissions. Check with the CA DMV on their websitewww.dmv.ca.gov for more information about registering an out-of-state vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts