TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys/gals do out here to "by-pass" emissions tests out here on your rigs, I know when I lived in Socal I had plenty of techs I knew that could hook me up, is that even possible out here? I have a full build going on, and I know with almost 100% certainty my truck wont pass smog anytime soon, granted its an '07 so I have some time, but what about when the time rolls around to get it smogged? Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just wondering what you guys/gals do out here to "by-pass" emissions tests out here on your rigs, I know when I lived in Socal I had plenty of techs I knew that could hook me up, is that even possible out here? I have a full build going on, and I know with almost 100% certainty my truck wont pass smog anytime soon, granted its an '07 so I have some time, but what about when the time rolls around to get it smogged? Thanks
The emissions standards are pretty lax here compared to California... I can't imagine what it would take for an 07 to not pass.

·
7,735 Posts
To answer your direct question.. there are counties that have no smog restrictions.. most that are concerned about it register their trucks out in those counties (they know somebody with an address, etc).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
ripped out my stock fuel tank and having a 32 gal fuel safe fuel cell installed
BFD. This isn't Kommiefornia, the enviro-Nazis have had their effect here but not nearly to the extent as CA. Unless you're putting a SBC with a carb into your '07 or something equally retarded, and you keep your cats, you'll be okay.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
id think if the cap holds tight and all your lines are attached you shouldnt have an issue
Not quite the case.

Fuel cells that are not DOT approved, and legalized throughout the states, are not emissions friendly.

You can sure as hell try to get it to pass, just to see if they may miss it or not.

However, select counties in Colorado do NOT require emissions testing. Your best bet would be find a friend in one of those counties that would let them register your truck to their address.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Weld, Larimer and a few down south dont require it. The thing is you dont even have to live there. The truck/car has to be "stored" there and drivin mainly in that county.

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you live in El Paso county as your location suggests, then emissions testing is not required unless it is a diesel.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Any particular reason we need this thread sitting out in the open, on a public forum? Really? WTH? I might as well have asked how to cheat on my taxes, and had a dozen replies. Seriously...no.

Anyway like others have said, because California hasn't completely succeeded in fucking up Colorado yet, I'd put that thing together like it were the stock tank, just in a different location, then put it through whatever emissions test is required by your area. If you do it right, it'll pass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts