TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sure this has been talked about before and that many of you have already had to deal with it. If you are running bigger then 33" tires they will not E test your rig, even though the web site says 34" they told me 33" is max! This is kind of a big pain in the butt! I run 35" tires for now and did not know about this! I work a lot of hours and its hard for me to get time to go and have my truck tested. Not knowing this I had to take time of work twice and then find a friend that would let me use his rear tires.
So this is pretty much just a FYI to try and help other people save some time, money and get in and out as fast as possible when emission testing!:D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Emissions= joke

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah the website says 34 inch, but you are correct with the 33" tires. I put 33's on the rear of my truck for emissions. There is a bar the comes out on either side of the tire while they test it. The 33 was very close with almost no clearance to it. You just have to put smaller tires on the rear wheels, so that should save you some time.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the website says 34 inch, but you are correct with the 33" tires. I put 33's on the rear of my truck for emissions. There is a bar the comes out on either side of the tire while they test it. The 33 was very close with almost no clearance to it. You just have to put smaller tires on the rear wheels, so that should save you some time.
Ya that's what I did. Just the rears. all I could find was 31s.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol ya it did!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was also wrapping out like crazy! 31s and 5.29s LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts