TTORA Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Flop it again and make peace with the process :D

I'm actually looking forward to my first flop so I'll quit being a little girl about being a bit tippy
lmao is that how you think it works??? hahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ash and I talk about dumping it just to find out where the danger zone is. We just need to be around someone with a winch to right us after.
Decent theory. But it isn’t always at the same angle. There are thousands of factors that play into it. Sure you could ramp it up a wall till it falls over, but that won’t feel the same as an off camber situation with your nose pointed up or down hill and how the suspension reacts in each different situation.

trust me... I would save it until it happens, just be prepared and wear your seat belts.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I get your point on that. As for me I have never put the truck on its side. So when I'm on 3 wheels I get nervous. Yet in most cases even on 3 wheels I'm not in any danger yet. It still has a ways to go before it dumps. I would just like to know how much more it can go.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you do flop it, make sure the dogs have the proper gear too!
Thats why my dog rides outside. He was in the cab with us when we flopped. Poor guy got broken glass all over him. I have never seen him move so fast. he was up and out the back window before i could even realize what had just happened. He didnt get hurt at all, but he was a bit shaken up after that, as was i.

Now his bumb ass just likes to play chicken with the rigs on the trail. :eek: He seems to get out of the way most the time.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I noticed that your dog wanted to stay just ahead of my truck on the way out. I kept thinking I was going to run him over. My dogs aren't that smart to get out of the way I think.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
3 wheels makes me nervous too:

It doesn't look that bad from here but sitting in the driver's seat the ground looked a LOT closer. Now I want to do it again and see just where it gets tipsy. And I need bump stops.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I cheated and backed up to get that pic; the tire was about a foot or two higher at first. Still need bumpstops though; now that I know what they do. :rolleyes:

That's up Saran Wrap if you wanna go check it out.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thats right near the entrance isnt it?

Silly dog..... sorry about that. He gets out of the way though. He has spent most his life on the trail.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts