TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dick, I rember you showing me those LED lights you put under your hood for light when you pop your hood. Where did you get the LED lights from. Im going to be wiring mine up soon, but wondered where the best place to buy them at. I found Accent Light with 6 Super Bright LEDs 12VDC Sealed units. Would those do the job. There like $9 bucks ea. I was going to get 2 or 4 of them, and maybe put some in the cab as well for more dome light. What ya think?

·
Registered
257 Posts
One day I was in a local small time computer/electronics shop and they had some small flourescent tube lights for inside your computer case and I do believe they are 12v and they looked durable enough with this plastic sheath around them. They came in lengths of 6" 8" and 12" and all different colors like red green blue and white, I thought the white ones would be great tucked up under the dash or under the hood or maybe even get some red ones tucked up under my frame! J/k... no but seriously, red ones.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Blacksheep said:
Hey dick, I rember you showing me those LED lights you put under your hood for light when you pop your hood. Where did you get the LED lights from. Im going to be wiring mine up soon, but wondered where the best place to buy them at. I found Accent Light with 6 Super Bright LEDs 12VDC Sealed units. Would those do the job. There like $9 bucks ea. I was going to get 2 or 4 of them, and maybe put some in the cab as well for more dome light. What ya think?
You will be better off finding the Dick on our board then here.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would like to put an underhood light on my Tacoma, but I think I'll use one off of a 90's chevy. They are pretty neat, light up on the tilt of the hood, and are useable as a small work light since they detatch from the hood via a small wire reel. Pretty plentiful, probably easy to find at a junk yard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
try looking at www.oznium.com that is where i got my blue LEDs and they were only 39 cents each (including resistors) plus shipping was very cheap (i think $1 for like 24 LEDs... maybe even less than a dollar). and they are VERY bright! if you have any questions just let me know

·
Registered
650 Posts
dick got those from his buddy mark at Blue devil products. they also made the bling video camera system for the ulitimate adventure taco and some other cool gizmos including night vision (which dick now has).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts