TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Mexico last weekend and while I was pulling a large hill into some strong winds my CEL starts blinking (no I didn't count them I was driving) then stayed on, I checked the code with my scan gauge and it was P300, P302, P305. I cleared it then twice more it blinked but did not stay on. The truck was running fine and I was only pushing about 5-7 PSI up the grade. It was running about a 10.7-10.5 AFR so it was not running lean. The truck was in open loop.

2 days later when I was cruising not into the boost it did the same thing but did not blink or come on after I cleared the codes.

I only run premium gas and it may have been bad gas from an AM PM in Yuma but it's a very busy station so I don't think it would have been in the ground long. I ran about 3/4 of a tank of Pemex premium and had 0 problems with their 92.

Anyone have any idea's what might be causing the misfires? I looked up the codes and it's a misfire on cylinders 2 and 5 the P300 will trip when any cylinder misfires. I guess another question is which is 2 and 5? Maybe I have some crap in the fuel line by those 2 cylinders or the injectors are clogged. The truck still runs great and I have not had any codes for the 500 mile trip home from Ensenada. I even pulled the other side of the grade that the code first tripped on with out any CEL's.

Thanks

Tim

FYI

I have a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 5 speed with 80K about 2K with Gen 1 S/C, 2.1 pulley, URD kit, not tuned as of yet but runs very rich in open loop. I got the kit used and supposedly it only had 10K on it so I did not have the injectors cleaned or flow tested. I also reused the IK22 plugs as they looked good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts