TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an engine skidplate for an 88 runner. there is none on there as of right now.. i am lookin for, possibly one off line so if you could post links or i also might be interested in a stock used one.. thanks

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i think im goin with the bud built one, i might not thou, ill def. let you kno if i want to buy the stock one because im not completely sure yet..-thanks everyone

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just build your own. The one i built on my 94' was awesome.

1/4" steel plate at the bottom with 1 1/4" DOM tube. And i didnt have to take the skid plate off every time i did an oil change. Just reach through.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
andrewp24 said:
Just build your own. The one i built on my 94' was awesome.

1/4" steel plate at the bottom with 1 1/4" DOM tube. And i didnt have to take the skid plate off every time i did an oil change. Just reach through.
If you can reach through, so can rocks and branches. I'd plate the front too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
If you can reach through, so can rocks and branches. I'd plate the front too.
I could reach fine. And i never had a problem with banches or rocks small enough to fit. I was just throughing an idea out there. Personal choice. Its what i wanted. Protection and i didnt have to take the skid plate off for an oil change. I hated that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im just gonna order the bud built one sometime in the next couple of weeks. but itll probably be a few weeks so if you guys just wanna keep throwin stuff out there, thats fine cause im still open to options- thanks everyone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anybody have one that would fit a 92? I bought my truck recently as my 87 was stolen and basically destroyed. The 92 is missing a skid plate. I would be happy with a stocker...I dont wheel hard...mostly muddin with my 4 year old girl! Email me at [email protected] if you can help me out. I would be happhy to pay a few bucks for it/your time and shipping to 95822 (of course!). Thanks, Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
amgraham
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing