TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bottom of the line, no frills little work truck. It's very reliable and for the most part runs great. The only problem I've got is that when I get up to highway speed and then level off, it hesitates slightly. I'm usually able to replicate the problem if I get up to about 60mph and ease off very slightly, and hold that speed. It wants to hesitate, but immediately runs fine for several miles, but will often do it again.

So far, I've replaced the fuel pump, put in new NGK sparkplugs and installed new Toyota plug wires.

Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what you describe it sounds like you may have a faulty Throttle position sensor. My 98 Tacoma would lose power for a split second at highway speed. I put a new sensor on it and it corrected the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think that's probably my problem. I'm amazed at how 'all over the place' the prices are on these throttle position sensors. I ordered one from original Toyota parts for $58 with shippin included. Before I ordered it, I checked with Pep Boys and theirs was $144. I've seen everything in between online. This doesn't make sense to me that an aftermarket sensor would be more than OEM. Anyone have an explanation?

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
still443 said:
I've got a bottom of the line, no frills little work truck. It's very reliable and for the most part runs great. The only problem I've got is that when I get up to highway speed and then level off, it hesitates slightly. I'm usually able to replicate the problem if I get up to about 60mph and ease off very slightly, and hold that speed. It wants to hesitate, but immediately runs fine for several miles, but will often do it again.

So far, I've replaced the fuel pump, put in new NGK sparkplugs and installed new Toyota plug wires.

Ideas? Thanks.
If you havent changed your fuel filter go ahead and do that as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRDUSA2002 said:
If you havent changed your fuel filter go ahead and do that as well.
Thanks. Sorry, I mistyped in my original post. I didn't replace the fuel pump, I replaced the fuel filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts