TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

My 03 Dbl sc 7th injector 55000 miles truck several times a day will loose power. The RPMs just drop and if I let go of the gas then everything gets back to normal. Cleaned the Air flow sensor next to air filter and no luck. it can happen when engine is cold at slow speeds or on the highway, Accelerating or coasting. If I bought one of those scanning tools (I think it is an ODBII) would it be able to tell me anything? I am not getting any engine light. I am thinking that it might be the Throtle Position sensor because when the lose of power happens it feels like if I am letting go of the gas. Do you also think it is cover by the powertrain warranty because if not I might be able to live with it. By the way it started not happening very often, once a week then progressively got worse and now it is not getting any worst.

Thank you :)

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
You might look at the fuel filter if you haven't already.

100 Posts
Engine suddenly loses power

You did not advise if you did the install or Toyota or ?? If Toyota installed it they should stand behind their work, at least that has been my experience. If you put it in, God bless you, your a good mechanic. I read over the installation procdure and would never attempt it. Here are some good places to look for help: toyota.custhelp.com [email protected] and 1-800-688-5912 Good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I did the install, it was not that complicated. I don't necesarily know if it is the sc or 7th which causes the problem. After the install everything was running fine for a good 6 months.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
citrustaco said:
You know I had not thought of that but would a plug fuel filter give me sudden power loss?
The TPS is covered under your powertrain warranty 36 months/60k miles.

The filter is easy and inexpensive. Be sure to check vacuum lines and electrical connections too, always look for the easy things first.

I don't know much about the 7th injector as I went the URD route.

Don't let it get the best of you and give up, it'll drive you crazy if you try to live with it that way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jade,

Bro you were right it was the fuel filter. It was only 34.99 and 10 minutes to change. I thought the fuel filters would last longer then 55000 miles.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It could be a lot of things, but once you mention the 7th injector from TRD, the first thing you should suspect is a clogged or melted down cat....

Better get it to the dealer right away before it plugs all the way and leaves you stranded.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
citrustaco said:
Jade,

Bro you were right it was the fuel filter. It was only 34.99 and 10 minutes to change. I thought the fuel filters would last longer then 55000 miles.
I'm glad that did the trick. If it starts to act up again, certainly look into the cat. converter like Gadget mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts