TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 V6 60k...

I have an noise coming from the engine compartment during acceleration from a stop. It does not happen unless I am accelerating and immediately stops if I lift off the gas. I believe its a vaccum leak, based on its whisle like sound, but I can not find the source. I have found a couple of cracked vaccum hoses and have replaced them but I still have the noise. Now I haven't gone through all of the vaccum lines, becasue I am not quite sure where they all are. I was just wondering if anyone has expereinced this and \ or have any tips? Could it be something else? It seems to be louder when the truck is cold vs warmed up and appears to sound most evident when in the 2-3k range of acceleration.

Thanks in advance...

JRunner01

·
Registered
57 Posts
i also have this problem on a 04 4x4 xtra cab with the v6 and a 5speed. i have like 28k on it and it sounds to me like its on the pass side and you can hear it in the 2-3k range like stated before, only when im driving when you let of the gas and press it back down i get a lil whistle. if i have any time soon ill take it by the dealer since im still under warranty and post what they tell me.

all stock no mods

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any word on this issue? I have the same type of problem with my 01 4banger auto trans. It sounds like I am driving a turbo diesel when I accelerate! I don't have any mods except for a K&N filter.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A new trend in yota motors. Cant beat em though. Anyways...would an exhaust leak make a whistle like what is being described? Really sounds like a vacuum hose to me but then again I have not dealt with exhaust leaks before. Not discrediting you on this one or anything, Gadget. Be sure and really inspect your hoses well. Get someone to rev the engine while you have your head under the hood. Of course it would make sense to do it with the engine cold, from what you have said, so it is easier to ID. Makes sense that it would be louder with a cold engine cuz of the increased sucking of air.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have checked all my hoses to make sure there is no leak. I haven't touched anything either. Now the whistle comes and goes. It actually sounds like the noise is coming from what a knucklehead like me calls the belt area (because I don't know the tech. term)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts