TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I either will need to have my motor rebuilt, or replaced. Does anyone have someone that they would recommend? I'd prefer to go remanufactured, but if anyone has a great deal on a rebuilt or used, I'd be willing to consider it. I'm starting back into school in January, so I'm on a bit of a budget until my student loan check shows up! :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
It looks like I either will need to have my motor rebuilt, or replaced. Does anyone have someone that they would recommend? I'd prefer to go remanufactured, but if anyone has a great deal on a rebuilt or used, I'd be willing to consider it. I'm starting back into school in January, so I'm on a bit of a budget until my student loan check shows up! :D

Thanks!
Check the Recycler for refurbished Japanese 22RE motors. You might as well check out LC Engineering and DOA before you put it back in.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've been watching Craigslist pretty close, and came up with those. My wife's mechanic says that he may have an open bay in his garage opening up within a month or two. There's a good chance he will let me use the bay, and most of his bigger tools. Ideally, I would park it there, rebuild it myself, and drive it home!

Anyone else know of a garage for rent, co-op, free or something like that?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking for a shop to rebuild my motor, or for a new motor... I will pull it myself, but I need someone to do the work. Any tips?

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Motor Time, or Leo and Dennis? Charging $795 and $695 for their rebuilts (respectively).

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Peanut Butter
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing