TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:p I'm a lil premature but I'm too pumped to contain myself- Since last August when KSTACOMA *Jamie* Swapped his truck and I saw the night/day difference in performance b/t a SAS taco vs IFS taco I was hooked- Ive had my '01 for a lil over a year and it was only by sheer coincidence I stumbled onto TTORA when researching headers for my *new 2.7 after totalling my '97 reg cab after hitting a dear; 2 1/2 months after geting my truck it had a 3" toytec lift with chevys in the rear and sittin on 33's- Now on the 1 yr anniversary of my first IFS lift its going under the knife again for the SAS- By Friday I should have the last of my parts- :cool:
ProComp AALs, 14'' Bill5150s, PSC ps cooler, all pro brake lines, tg springs, inchworm tapped hyrdo asst ready IFS box, d44/taco d/s flange, *friday arrives hardware and sky pitman

D44 all cleaned up ready to go *Warn Premium Hubs, chromolly shafts, lockrite, 4.88's, 1 ton ends, all new bearing/seals/hubs/rotors/calipers/brake pads:

I made trip to the metal yard and picked up my front crossmember and welded it in last night to save some time on friday:

I gave it a quick coat to prevent rust since its been raining off and on here after i got done:

The Main Operation :saw: :welder: starts friday mid-day and hopefully we will be done by sunday-
Tomorow I am pulling my driveshaft and shipping it off to JEsse so i can have one sent back asap after the swap!
I would also like to thank ALL those who helped over the past months while i was researching who answered all my questions! *You know who you are :D
STAY TUNED :xozzy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like you are set man.the 5150s ride amazing. you got that axle set too

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
WOOT WOOT, it's official now, once the post is made and the cutting begins. You are going to fall in love w/your truck all over again once swapped and we go wheeling on the 30th.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Late night surgery

:welder: Well we got off to a late start- BUT after we got our shit together things went smoothly for the most part:
I Started off by welding in the front hanger bar-

Once we got a good solid re-inforcement, we had a good place to lift on ;) And im not talking floor jack....

Jason *KSdblcab- and another buddy started on the front end and tore right into it- they thought it in my best interest to dismantle the beast instead of cutting it all to hell- so apart the IFS went...

Once all the IFS component hardware was take off, we hit the point of no return as Jeff (the guy runnin the torch) called it ;)

Then came the fun grinding.. and cleaning up the frame...

After that we positioned the axle accordingly...

and low and behold we go mount the shackles and we hit a snag....
Cant have shackles with 2 different eye2eye dist and one had a size smaller hole...:(

Alas when theres a will theres a way....and here stands the beast....(*WITH the aal already in the back)

We thought it good progress for the day, so tomorrow we finish the frame reinforcement, steering, and level out the rear... *yawn* g'night

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
HOLY F*CK IT IS TALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need 4deeees. lol. Did you do your oil pan swap? I would have done that before i stuck a new axle under it but either way it isn't hard now w/all the room that is avail. under there. Be sure to factor into your front shackle angle that those springs will hopefully sag quite a bit lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It looks like it still supported quite a bit by the fork lift. What size tire your running there? yeah the oil pan stuff is really easy. For me the steering box took the longest to mount up. Looks good though keep us posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything that coulda went wrong- went wrong today- It was a super stressfull day so I didnt get around to taking any pics cuz i was doing alot of running around- My diff cover/bolts/shock hoops/tabs didnt get shipped so I was trying to get stuff to get em made and pretty much everything we did, it was as if we hit a brick wall- I took a couple shots with my phone at the end of the night- here they are ;(
Jason finishing up Powersteering hoses for cooler:

We made a hybrid pack in the rear and it almost leveled it out, with a 6" shackel, so we r gonna play with it a bit more 2morrow to tweak it a bit more..

Things left to do:
1: Bleed power steering
2: Bleed Brakes
3: Add oil
4: Connect Shocks

Ill get some more pics 2morow- hopefully all goes well - night.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here she sits- 1'' body lift will probably be coming off, and i have play with the rear, but pretty much done- Thanks again for those who helped, esp KSdblcab *Jason who was there the whole swap, and KStacoma *Jamie who helped via phone call after phone call- Ill get some more pics soon-

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
God you're ugly....

;) Fast fucking work with that, looks good man. Now get it dropped some and go wheeling... errr, go wheeling and beat the shit out of those springs so they'll drop some.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wes said:
;) Fast fucking work with that, looks good man. Now get it dropped some and go wheeling... errr, go wheeling and beat the shit out of those springs so they'll drop some.
LOL thanks! Yea, thats the plan, they will settle Im hoping at least an inch or so-
No, those are 35 mtrs lol, they are TG springs tho-

·
Registered
203 Posts
Enzogfx said:
Here she sits- 1'' body lift will probably be coming off,
Oh MAN! I guess since we got so proficient at installing them, now you wanna see if were that good at removing them :D I think I still have my oem hardware if you want it.

Truck looks great! Can't wait to see it in action (i.e. us not pushing it).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
COOL! I may need that hardware! We are gonna go back and mess with those shackles later this week too! At least all the :welder: is done, but maybe not the :saw:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
go flex it out you poooosey, your vagine hang low like sleeve of wizard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hear you are chickening out on goin to disney??? is it cause the CrAzYbLaZE is ganna be there????

finish that swap up and come out to disney with us!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL- you wish it was the cRazYBlaze Holding me back- Cant do much wheelin' without a damn front driveshaft- Got a 2 1/2 week turn around :mad:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Wheres the update, where are the flex pics? You missed some insane wheelin this weekend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts