·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any1 know of anything stronger than jbweld that's plastic friendly? Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
951 Posts
Craft glue. specifically E6000 Industrial Strength glue. You can find it at Wal-mart, craft stores, ect. I use it for all kinds of things, including plastic and wood. It works really well and is easier to use and clean up than crazy glue crap.

Boheefus

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
epox or glue?

Boheefus said:
Craft glue. specifically E6000 Industrial Strength glue. You can find it at Wal-mart, craft stores, ect. I use it for all kinds of things, including plastic and wood. It works really well and is easier to use and clean up than crazy glue crap.

Boheefus
I hate crazy glue as well. I'll have to check that out. Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
951 Posts
wslytoy said:
NP, I even used it to glue together my cat door, 2 smooth planes of plastic. Didn't even have to scuff them up and it is holding up great. That is with 4 cats and a 80 pound dog stuffing his head through it.

Boheefus

·
Registered
72 Posts
wslytoy said:
any1 know of anything stronger than jbweld that's plastic friendly? Thanx, Wes
There is a “welding stick “ that is used to fix roto-mold kayaks (i.e. ocean kayaks) when they spring a leak. Evidently, nothing else adheres to the kayak besides this, so I’m ass/u/ming that it may be good stuff. :welder:

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Grandfather swore by Epoxy PC-7. It comes in 2 cans that you need to mix as needed. It also comes in 2 colors, dark grey and light grey. It takes at least 24 hours to set, but it sticks to almost anything and is tough as nails. I've used it to fix everythign from side view mirrors that broke off to gas tanks on mowers.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tough shit!

JLtaco said:
There is a “welding stick “ that is used to fix roto-mold kayaks (i.e. ocean kayaks) when they spring a leak. Evidently, nothing else adheres to the kayak besides this, so I’m ass/u/ming that it may be good stuff. :welder:
do you happen to know where I can get some? Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tough shit!

emminz said:
My Grandfather swore by Epoxy PC-7. It comes in 2 cans that you need to mix as needed. It also comes in 2 colors, dark grey and light grey. It takes at least 24 hours to set, but it sticks to almost anything and is tough as nails. I've used it to fix everythign from side view mirrors that broke off to gas tanks on mowers.
ok, cool, question is now, where can I find it? Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I saw someone patch their fiberglass bost hull with that stuff once(edit: pc-7).. I also saw him getting a tow in a week later cause the stuff didn't work, and his boat was swamping.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
58 Posts
wslytoy said:
ok, cool, question is now, where can I find it? Thanx, Wes
I thought I saw it at Home Depot once, but I may be wrong. You may have a better chance and one of you "local" hardware stores, like Ace or TruServ.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Just food for thought: If you get too strong a plastic glue you'll break it again along the margin where the glue meets the plastic, too weak and it'll break right down the centre of the glue. That's assuming the part is subjected to any stress. Stronger isn't always better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
wslytoy said:
Hey now, crazy glue has it's purpose. I've used it more than once to close up a cut on a knuckle, etc. Works great to keep it closed when it keeps reopening itself up.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
emminz said:
I thought I saw it at Home Depot once, but I may be wrong. You may have a better chance and one of you "local" hardware stores, like Ace or TruServ.
ok, I've gotta go get some plywood at Home Depot tomorrow so I'll check there, if not, ACE. Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mudferret said:
Just food for thought: If you get too strong a plastic glue you'll break it again along the margin where the glue meets the plastic, too weak and it'll break right down the centre of the glue. That's assuming the part is subjected to any stress. Stronger isn't always better.
Hmmm, that's interesting, never really thought about that! I've gotta center console that's cracked. It's not gonna really see any stress, cause it's not around the mounting part of the brackets. It's on the back at the bottom. If you could make a recommendation off that, LMK. Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
split knuckles

M.martian said:
Hey now, crazy glue has it's purpose. I've used it more than once to close up a cut on a knuckle, etc. Works great to keep it closed when it keeps reopening itself up.
ok, now that just makes me hurt!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
wslytoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing