TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here are the pics from the run yesterday that Ike put together. Turned out to be only Ike, Tacoblanc97, and myself for this run. We headed up Eagle Rock and decided to take the Saran Wrap cut while a bunch of other trucks went up ER. We made just past the High Road, Low Road spot (which we took the high road) and ran into some 4' drifts. We tried to cut the trail but only got about another 100 yards and the drifts kept coming. Not to mention the fact that the snow was wet and slick from melting.

So we headed back down to finish ER when we came across the FSR's and decided to chat with them. They told us not to go up any further because a Jeep club was trying to winch out and come back down because of the drifts. They also handed out these nice handy dandy FS maps with all trails marked on them in the area. Nice guys and informative.

After this we headed over to Cripple Creek and up 67 toward Deckers. Stopped off in the Rainbow Trout area of Rampart and came across more FSR's. We played around in this area and found the Moab steps of Colorado here that Ike played on. I need some more clearance in the form of front and rear bumpers before I try to tackle this.

The photo album is here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/cosport/ER - Saran Wrap - Rampart Range 4-09/?albumview=slideshow

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I rode up Moab steps on my Raptor. No wonder I broke my leg this last summer. Looks like fun, wish I didn't have to work on my trailer.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Awesome pics! It was cool seeing the snow dusting up top. Also always cool to run into cool FS rangers!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Pics turned out great Eric! Ike, nice job on the steps. :clap: A tribute to your Budbuilt skids, they took a beating.:shiner:

·
20,355 Posts
Yeah, made the steps, but i definately used too much skinny to do it. Was a great run though. I got the number of the volunteer coordinator for the FS. I will be giving him a call to see if we can set up some sort of trail maintenance day, however small. We need to get a good rep with all of the orgs that control our trails and that is the best way to do it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the rest of Ike's work on the steps. I noticed they don't show up in the album.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah, made the steps, but i definately used too much skinny to do it. Was a great run though. I got the number of the volunteer coordinator for the FS. I will be giving him a call to see if we can set up some sort of trail maintenance day, however small. We need to get a good rep with all of the orgs that control our trails and that is the best way to do it.
Very true! Those rangers at Eagle rock and Rainbow falls were way cool. Looks like a clean up detail might be in order. The parking area alone at ER was pretty trashed.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
the first climb on moab rock hill step thingy was the easy part, the hard part was those two legdes after it that match the wheelbase perfectly so you end up having to get all four tires up a vertical surface unless you turn into it and do some rock stacking... its funny b/c right at that point the tires are down in dips and the rocker is near sitting on the upper flat part of the mound and when you get out it feels like your driving a low rider! haha

·
20,355 Posts
yeah, those top ledges are the part that is the bitch. i should have come a bit more at an angle to begin with and then they would have been less of an issue.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! What's that big rock in the first pic?? :D
I see your big grin face there but I have to be honest I don't know what that rock is exactly but will assume it is Eagle Rock? I think that is a safe bet.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very true! Those rangers at Eagle rock and Rainbow falls were way cool. Looks like a clean up detail might be in order. The parking area alone at ER was pretty trashed.
I don't know what club has Rainbow Falls, but Bighorn 4x4 here in the Springs is the official Adopt-A-Road club for Eagle Rock. They usually have at least 1 major work trip up there each year, with more as needed. You might try to contact them if you want to coordinate anything for that trail. I believe they're http://www.bighorn4x4.org, but the net nazi's here at work block it, so can't confirm.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Good to know, thanks for the info!

·
20,355 Posts
Have been running the Ats on the road to get some more miles out of them, and just didnt have time to throw the MT's back on. They will go on before memorial day/Moab though for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts