TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took alot of hours - after several pieces of graft paper I said screw it Pro-e is my best best. I like the way the numbers came out! - can't wait till I can do it! Oh numbers are based on 35-37" tires antisquat leans toward nun :D ... I would guess at 75%. Rear steer should be next to nothing as well. Here are the pics

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
TBob said:
Took alot of hours - after several pieces of graft paper I said screw it Pro-e is my best best. I like the way the numbers came out! - can't wait till I can do it! Oh numbers are based on 35-37" tires antisquat leans toward nun :D ... I would guess at 75%. Rear steer should be next to nothing as well. Here are the pics

:confused: In English what are you telling us here? Pro-e????? You are assuming we can read your brain and follow all the thoughts you've had so that we'll know what this incomplete post means. Dang-git ol' man help us youngsters out since we are all VICTIMS of the public education system. :slap:

·
Web Wheeler
1,860 Posts
Pro-e is the software program T-Bob uses to design stuff, like a link rear suspension :) Leafs don't have the rear steer problems (that can be) created by improperly designed link geometry. Here's some pics: http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/rear-steer.htm
Anti squat refers to the designs ability to resist squatting under acceleration.
That's my pea-brain understanding of it anyways :banghead:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for setting them straight Mark! ;)

Mark in Az said:
Pro-e is the software program T-Bob uses to design stuff, like a link rear suspension :) Leafs don't have the rear steer problems (that can be) created by improperly designed link geometry. Here's some pics: http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/rear-steer.htm
Anti squat refers to the designs ability to resist squatting under acceleration.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
nice software....You have some junior engineering skills (material statics-sheer strength, elasticity.. AL or FE links?

Campbell Enterprises makes incredible links, my buddy does link set-ups too-cheaper.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No need for a panhard....it's a 4 link seperation is 9"ish maybe a little more.
I think the lowers are 54"

FAUX X 4 said:
How long are the lowers and what's the seperation???

........I'm assuming you haven't put the panhard in yet?

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
TBob said:
No need for a panhard....it's a 4 link seperation is 9"ish maybe a little more.
I think the lowers are 54"
I thought it was a 3 link?.............damnit Bob, you were supposed to draw me up a 3 link!!! :rolleyes:

.........you going to have this done by AZ Rocks??? :D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it was confusing cause I only showed links on one side....didn't need to model both to run the numbers. Why do u want to 3 link the rear? Just so u don't have to move the tank - bfd.

FAUX X 4 said:
I thought it was a 3 link?.............damnit Bob, you were supposed to draw me up a 3 link!!! :rolleyes:

.........you going to have this done by AZ Rocks??? :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
pro-e =Pro engineer; 3-d design and cad program used extensively in the mehanical engineering industry

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
TBob said:
Why do u want to 3 link the rear? Just so u don't have to move the tank
Exactly! ;)

.........but I think I'm sticking with the leafs out back until I hack the rear off the truck, then I'll do a 4 link and put in a fuel cell. :D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Mark in Az said:
don't mean to knit pick but leaf springs do have rear steer (when mounted in the rear), not as much as a poorly designed link system but it is still there.

Nice looking setup Tbob, where you gunna put the gas tank?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks
aft of the axle

PappaF2 said:
don't mean to knit pick but leaf springs do have rear steer (when mounted in the rear), not as much as a poorly designed link system but it is still there.

Nice looking setup Tbob, where you gunna put the gas tank?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
TBob said:
Thanks
aft of the axle
stock taco tank? If your looking for a new tank there is a ford (van I think) tansk that is nice and flat and will fit between the rails nicely. I thinks its around 19-21 gallons.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 23 Posts