TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if ESB is still making kits? I have left vmsgs with no call back and his email address provided on the website did not work.

·
Registered
478 Posts
long gone buddy sorry

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
nope, if you want a kit you have to find one used...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
no esb isn't around anymore. but u can still contact mike on desert rangers and he might do some custom stuff for you

·
Registered
700 Posts
I want to comment. :D

Mike and I have no issues, my project with him didn't work out. No one's fault, he was working for Vendetta until they went under. When that happened Mike tried to help me out on his own (Vendetta was not his business, it was owned and operated by others involved in the shop), but just didn't have the means or time. You could try to contact him if you want, but I would say buy a kit from a shop that has a proven kit. My :2cents: Trust me, I've been down that road.

Mike is a very good fabricator, and may come out with more stuff again someday with his own shop again, but it doesn't look like it'll be anytime soon. He's just been busy with small side projects and working with Dan Vance and his truck lately.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Knowing Mike since 2002, I will tell you that there is a 99% chance he is done with production fabrication and retailing a product. He has pretty much dropped off the face of the desert/fabrication scene, and I couldnt really tell you what he is doing right now. Many of you know that I worked with Mike for about 2 years part time and about 2 years full time. Mike is a great person and was one of my best friends for a long time, but a business man he is not. What I will say is that it is a shame he could not see the potential of his talent to take it all the way...trust me, I gave my all to try to help him realize that but in the end things did not work out. To tell the whole story, from start to finish would take up 20 pages on this thread, so I wont do that. In the end, what I can say is that I have a badass, race proven and reliable truck thanks in part to Mike, so I will leave it at that. If any of you have ESB parts on your truck, congrats, you have some good parts and should be stoked.

If you can find a used ESB kit, consider it a good find.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bite the bullet, and buy the 'Burg kit.They do a good damn job helping people out. It's a shame that some of the really talented fabricators can't make enough money to keep their doors open. Mike is only one of a loooonnng list of great fabbers that maybe wish they had kept it a hobby. This is a tough world to survive in; that is why I stick to boat fab. More consistent than offroad work. Pay is more dependable.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Bite the bullet, and buy the 'Burg kit.They do a good damn job helping people out. It's a shame that some of the really talented fabricators can't make enough money to keep their doors open. Mike is only one of a loooonnng list of great fabbers that maybe wish they had kept it a hobby. This is a tough world to survive in; that is why I stick to boat fab. More consistent than offroad work. Pay is more dependable.
Are they long travel boats? :D

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Are they long travel boats? :D
Yes, they are!!! And they are faster than trophy trucks, some of them!!:D Hell, I jump boats every chance I get. West wind blows 15-20kts, you have a baja 1000 course right there in the Catalina channel, every day practically!

·
Registered
1 Posts
thank you

soo...... i googled myself and this came up. i have to say thanks for the good words about me. ive never actually looked myself and shop up before.... i was kind of afraid about what i would find. i've never built parts to make profit, its always been about just making cool stuff because it was fun. i was a poor businessman.... im a welder not an accountant. running a business is a pain in the ass but i still hope that i never left anyone with a bad taste, i know its pretty dated now but viet, especially you i thank you for understanding that situation. i was so excited on building your truck and it broke my heart that our little venture didnt work out, mostly because of internal peoples personal shit, that has long since been over. the reason im posting now on this forum that i just googled and it came up... many many years after it was started.... is that i am building parts again. for now... 3 links just like dans truck had. im not a great businessman but i can still weld and build stuff that is more than proven itself. my brother and i are building an identical kit that from vances truck, and if things go well maybe we'll build more stuff. if interested... im pretty sure my contact info is everywhere... i googled myself and right before this was my phone number. itll probably be awhile until i get back into custom front ends because its really expensive to prototype stuff and takes a long time, but link kits are fully back up for sale. thank you all again for the good words, it means a hell of a lot to me

·
Registered
261 Posts
Everyones Sucks But mine.

Yeah back when I was 20 or so I dreamed of getting your 17" set on my Tacoma. Broke-ass college student so never happened. Still have the same truck but SAS'ing it now with a 3 link. Seriously, I loved reading stories of The Piece. It is pretty neat that you are getting back in it on a smaller scale. It is unfortunate that it is so hard to get into this business. Is there a new website or ran from somewhere else?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts