TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's getting to be that time of year to get a Calendar together.

Here's some events that are already planned
AZ Rocks - Florence, AZ Apr 5-7
Cruise Moab - Moab, UT May 2-6
Takeover pre-run - Farmington, NM May 4-6
Rubicon - Lake Tahoe, CA July 9-11
FJ Cruiser Event - Ouray, CO July 12-15
Takeover - Farmington, NM Aug 3-5
4Runner Jamboree - Buena Vista, CO Aug 10-12
TTORA Moab - Moab, UT Sep 18-23 (18/19 White Rim, 20-23 Moab)

Here's some ideas I have for bigger events:
Another Moab event

Grand Junction (Bang's, 21 Rd, Billings)

A multi-day camping trip - maybe Jenny Creek?

Also, what trails do people want to run as "regular" runs? I really want to do Red Cone.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I like the idea of planning ahead. Even if nobody makes any suggestions or is able to agree on anything, we still need to have scheduled events set in stone far in advance. I don't know enough trails to recommend any, but I do like the idea of a multiple day camping event.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I've got a few folks primed for a run from the Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen-Basalt-GWS) to Crested Butte and back hitting Schofield/Pearl Pass one way and Taylor/Pearl Pass the other, perhaps with an overnight in Crested Butte. Tried to get it going last fall, but ran into early snow and rigs weren't built.

Probably need to wait until late summer to avoid mud/snow to take some of the folks on my list:

Stock '90 Toy LC, frighteningly home-built Jeep Wagoneer, slightly mod'd Samurai, stock X-Terra, stock Rodeo, 2 stock '98 4Runners, slightly mod'd 95 4Runner... and had a nicely built Jeep, but it got totaled last week by a drink driver hitting it parked on the side of the road...) I'm expecting most of these won't drive, but might take shotgun.

Tentatively planning on the Ouray event and have never played in Moab, so will probably hit one of those too.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
ill see if i can dig the list out that we tried to work off of last year.... are we going to have club picnics or anything? what about the major events that occur IN colorado?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tacotoy said:
are we going to have club picnics or anything? what about the major events that occur IN colorado?
That's not up to me, Rich....we can do whatever everyone wants to make happen... I think a picnic or swapmeet type event would be great.

·
Registered
878 Posts
it would be cool to keep up on this chapters tradition to have an annual dinner and picnic!

scheduling an easier and harder trail run each month of the season has worked well for getting new and old members to stay active!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I will help whoever wants to help co-shair the ppic-nic. Rich you and I did that pretty well a few years ago. Wanna do that one together?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
yeah i enjoyed the picnic.... i think we know what kinks we have to work out of it and i think that the trail was actually a good one to do....

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah it was Kingston Peak - that was a perfect trail for the picnic - scenic and fun. Hmm with takoever being in early August what about mid - late August for the picnic? (When do the kiddies start school?) Otherwise we risk too much snow in early July...

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
eh i dont know though.... snowpack right now is at 91% so we might have to wait and see..... the big thing we need for this shizzy is a good grill and a hamburger flipper lmao

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh yeah... I forgot about the hamburger flipper. That was classic last time! I think Troy and I are gonna have to pony up for a good *big* portable grill, because we are planning to do a lot of wheeling trips this summer. So you take care of the spatula, and I'll take care of the grill!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I know of some great Trails in Wyoming that would be a good 3-4 Day run. IN addition to the great trails they happen to have some AWESOME fishing there as well.

The Trail Head

The Canyon

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hell yeah! That's a beautiful rainbow! (Trade ya - you hook me an my dad up with wyoming fishing and we'll hook ya up with steamboat fishing :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Cruzer, I like the trail run you're proposing. This season I intend to get away from the front range and into some serious high country. I like the idea of wheeling and camping up around your area. Count me in.
And Prodigy, I'd also like to wheel in WY. All I ever see of that state is off of either I-80 or I-25. It'd be awesome to see more of it.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
spindleshanks said:
Cruzer, I like the trail run you're proposing. This season I intend to get away from the front range and into some serious high country. I like the idea of wheeling and camping up around your area. Count me in.
And Prodigy, I'd also like to wheel in WY. All I ever see of that state is off of either I-80 or I-25. It'd be awesome to see more of it.
You're in! I started putting the buzz in ears at a Super Bowl party and will start comparing schedules and dates, so let me know what works for you and I'll try to come up with some optional dates in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also interested in some new scenery as well, so I'll keep my eyes open for what other folks are up too... Sorry I'll miss Boulder Carnage this weekend, but I'm in Boston over the weekend :(

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
spindleshanks said:
depending on the weekend that we try and go with i would like to get out to the flat tops wilderness. a little wheeling and some camping is one of my game plans this summer

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
blown4runner said:
just don't let morons drive through deep puddles at high rates of speed.... and yes I know you hate me ;)

darn you lol. yean and youre right.... mostly. that was one of the few problems for that whole trip.... lol

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Lysmachia said:
Hell yeah! That's a beautiful rainbow! (Trade ya - you hook me an my dad up with wyoming fishing and we'll hook ya up with steamboat fishing :D
Deal!

That area is near Sweetwater Gap. there are some great trails there but nothing technical or gnarly, however it is beautiful country. The campground is nice with some decent fishing right out your tent. Last year we saw 3 wolves but I was not quick enough with my camera.

I had lunch with a local last time. He was pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts