TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
{If this falls in the wrong catagory, may I get a mod to move it for me to the correct folder}

I know this forum is new to everyone and everyone is trying to figure it out as much as the next guy.

But please realize just because you punch the reply button, you are not always replying to the original thread starter.

What appears to be happening is everyone is reading the entire thread and replying to the last person in the thread, causing errant post to the wrong people.

Today I have been on the board quite a bit and I have also received over 25 post to the "wrong person" Since I am such a easy going person, I have not posted back to any of them :cool:

But I think everyone needs to take the time and make sure that you are posting to the person you are actually wanting to post to. An easy way of doing so is going to the post that you are wanting to reply to and either hit quick reply or quote post. :soapbox:

Thanks {climbs down off box and sits back down}

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Dick Foster said:
They can always switch to threaded or hybrid display mode too. Actually, that is probably the best thing to do.
Actually Once I got used to it, which took some time, I like hybrid mode. Since I can see the post normally, and then see the tree where I can see who posted to who and follow the trails of conversations.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
That is what I use. However, it would still be nice if it had a reply flag or message to me tag of some sort so you didn't have to open the thread and look at the tree. I use the subscription feature too. However, that is about the only thing that I liked better about the Delphi software.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Dick Foster said:
That is what I use. However, it would still be nice if it had a reply flag or message to me tag of some sort so you didn't have to open the thread and look at the tree. I use the subscription feature too. However, that is about the only thing that I liked better about the Delphi software.
Ya, considering it tracks who post to who, i would think it shouldnt be too hard to flag them somehow. Im still looking for hacks and mods to accomplish this.

The subscription is nice, I like it cuz i can follow the post through email instead having to come to the board period. So I get all post, and can follow along, in my email in outlook. I had to turn this off however at first during those heated debates, after about the first 20 emails, it gets old. I have to wait for things to die down and then turn it back on.

Its much easier for me to follow things via email instead of coming here, less chance of getting caught at work ;-)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Maverick said:
Ya, considering it tracks who post to who, i would think it shouldnt be too hard to flag them somehow. Im still looking for hacks and mods to accomplish this.

The subscription is nice, I like it cuz i can follow the post through email instead having to come to the board period. So I get all post, and can follow along, in my email in outlook. I had to turn this off however at first during those heated debates, after about the first 20 emails, it gets old. I have to wait for things to die down and then turn it back on.

Its much easier for me to follow things via email instead of coming here, less chance of getting caught at work ;-)
yea, when I realized I could do that, I really liked it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could change the rate of emails to once a day. Like I did. Of course, it get's mailed at Midnight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts