TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I've got a new Tacoma :D!!!! Based on everything in my area, I couldn't find SHIT. I found this on Ebay and now it'll be delivered on Christmas day or the day after depending on when all the paper work is finalized!!!!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
wslytoy said:
Finally, I've got a new Tacoma :D!!!! Based on everything in my area, I couldn't find SHIT. I found this on Ebay and now it'll be delivered on Christmas day or the day after depending on when all the paper work is finalized!!!!
hope the frame is good on that one...engine mount, that is..

looks too new for you :p

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hytenor said:
hope the frame is good on that one...engine mount, that is..

looks too new for you :p

yeah, I know..... I'm undeserving, right? ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, congrats, Wes! I've seen that truck in person. You bought that from my local Toyota delearship.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Well that's a relief to know it's a good truck thats been seen in person!

Good stuff dude!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Congrats Wes.. You've had 3 trucks since I've had my 99' now. I guess it's time for me to start shopping for something new too. :) What made you want one of the new one's? What are you going to do with the other Tacoma?

Personally, I can't decide on what I want next.

Tacoma -Don't know if it's the best fit & I don't like the plastic bed
Tundra - I can get one cheap but now but I might wait for the 07's.
Another 4runner -My wife drive's an 03'. It's been perfect so far.
Sequoia -Need the extra space for my 2 kids but this may be overkill. not to mention the gas $$.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NorcalPR said:
Well that's a relief to know it's a good truck thats been seen in person!

Good stuff dude!

i saw it on ebay, so that makes it good :D

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KANEMAN23 said:
Congrats Wes.. You've had 3 trucks since I've had my 99' now. I guess it's time for me to start shopping for something new too. :) What made you want one of the new one's? What are you going to do with the other Tacoma?

Personally, I can't decide on what I want next.

Tacoma -Don't know if it's the best fit & I don't like the plastic bed
Tundra - I can get one cheap but now but I might wait for the 07's.
Another 4runner -My wife drive's an 03'. It's been perfect so far.
Sequoia -Need the extra space for my 2 kids but this may be overkill. not to mention the gas $$.

Well, really and truly its just time for a change. Plus, my buddy got an 05' dbl cab a few months ago, and since then, I've been really jealous of him. The power and ride just really impressed me. Plus, the extra size was really nice. I'm probably gonna leave this one stock until its paid off. I just won't be able to justify any mods anytime soon. My 96', I'm hoping to sell to a guy off the board. He's showing some sincere interest, so hopefully we can work something out. Man, honestly, if you've only got 2 kids, a sequoia is entirely too big! I've been impressed so far w/ the plastic bed in my friends truck, I don't think its going to be an issue w/ heavy loads.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ELI said:
Hey, congrats, Wes! I've seen that truck in person. You bought that from my local Toyota delearship.

wanna drive it to Ms for me? LOL! Its gonna be $650 to ship it :rolleyes:.... Small price to pay if you ask me :D

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sisyphus said:
$24,000 for the vehicle and $650 to ship it?

OUCH! Probably could have gotten a new one off the dealer lot for about $500 more.

unfortunately.... around here you can't :mad:, which is why I went out of state. Due to the mileage, that was the best deal I could find. my buddy purchased his 05 dbl cab trd offroad limited for $25.5 here..... But guess what, it had 25K miles on it. This is cheaper and its got WAAAY less mileage. The only thing available around here are brand new ones and I need to get something in a hurry.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kyota said:
Oooh good for you!

Do you think it would been better to just get a 07 for like 2000 more?

I priced just a regular ex-cab V6 automatic 4x4 from both local Toyota dealerships and they were $28K. The TRD OFFROAD edition was almost $30K. You would think these things were more valuable than gold around here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
wslytoy said:
wanna drive it to Ms for me? LOL! Its gonna be $650 to ship it :rolleyes:.... Small price to pay if you ask me :D
Sure, I'll drive it over! I'll even charge you $649! Cheaper, huh? lol

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ELI said:
Sure, I'll drive it over! I'll even charge you $649! Cheaper, huh? lol

that's the deal of a lifetime right there haha!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dang, I would have sold you my 2005 TRD Sport D-Cab 4x4 for less than that. I had mine up forsale at $23k obo and everyone still complained about the price without even coming to look at it.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
justinh said:
Dang, I would have sold you my 2005 TRD Sport D-Cab 4x4 for less than that. I had mine up forsale at $23k obo and everyone still complained about the price without even coming to look at it.

damn...... but how many miles does it have?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
19 Participants
KANEMAN23
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing