TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notice a bit of a vibration at 65 while towing this weekend to go camping. There under load but stops when I let off the gas. Anyway laying under inspecting the u-joints i look over and see the side of my muffler is split. Not leaking yet but failure will happen soon. At 230,000 on the original system I can't complain.

Trying to decide between a catback or just having a muffler swapped out. The pipes are solid. Not interested in loud but a a performance increase while towing would be appreciated. Also not looking for something i'll have to swap out in a couple of years again.

Is there that much of a difference between the 2.5" performance systems and the stock 2.25"? How will the back pressure difference affect torque and mileage? This is a daily driver.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went with Thorly headers 1 Magnaflow cat and a combo of a Magnaflow straight through and a turbo muffler
I put the Magnaflow in because I was getting a harmonic throbbing
that being said most gains were sound maybe a tiny bit of MPG
SO if you want more HP look elsewhere if you want sound saw away

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a muffler shop custom 2.5" cat back into the quietest muffler offered from FlowMaster. It's loud and no noticeable gains in MPG or the butt dyno. But I didn't expect any either. If I were to redo it, 2.25" piping and something a little quieter.

There was a reduction in back pressure, though. I replaced my exhaust manifold and had blown out three precat gaskets prior to the 2.5". After the 2.5" catback was installed I haven't blown any precat gaskets.

#CamBrady2017

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the borla cat back on my 04 DC, the sound is fine and doesn't sound like a Civic. It's not overly loud and doesn't drive me insane at 65+ either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts