TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust hanger w/ new Daystar shackles

Santa Clause dropped off some Wheeler's 5-leaf springs (1.25" lift) and some greasable Daystar shackles (1.5" lift) along with some Donahoe's.

Does anyone know if the exhaust hanger extender piece that comes with the Daystar shackles is long enough to accomodate the lift that both the springs AND the shackles give? I'm assuming it's just long enough for the shackle lift.

I'm trying to get everything lined out before I start. I know I need to get a new rear brake line and I think that's it. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i think the easiest way is to just cut the tubing...but thats me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
haha yeah that's a good way...i tried to cut off the pipe today..but i didn't have the time to wait and be a little patient...so i just stopped...lol...like there is a slice in the tailpipe...i'm gonna finnish this tommorow...maybe...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
yeah cutting is definately the easiest

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'll give the hanger extender from Daystar a try and if that doesn't work then... :welder: Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just got the wheelers springs myself and they didn't give me as much lift as i had hoped, so i'm thinking of getting the lift shackles.

what did you end up doing with the exhaust? did the extender help at all, or did you have to do something else? the exhaust was already looking a little light on my truck with just the springs, and i'm worried that adding a lift shackle (that will move the spring futher down) will hit the tailpipe.. any info or advice would be great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Daystar Exhaust Relocation Stinks!...

I have the Daystar 2.5 kit with rear shackles. The shackles in the back were 1.5" of lift and the piece they supplied to drop the exhaust down does not work. That is with just the 1.5 lift shackles.

I ended up going to the Muffler shop and getting them to redo the exhaust from the muffler back. My exhaust now runs between the leaf and the frame.

Hope this helps. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts