TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i just bought a magnaflow replacement cat for my 96 tacoma. i tried bolting it up but it just won't fit. my question is can i cut down some of the extra pipe shown in the pic so the converter will mount flush against it or should i take it into an exhaust shop and have them fix it? anyone else run into these same problems with the magnaflow? here are some pics

in this pic that is about as close as i can get to making the flanges bolt together,its the same in the front too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You could try and cut those flanges off, but your best be would be to have a muffler shop weld it on at both ends. The aftermarket flanges tend to leak with just a gasket. If you don't off road really hard then the flanges might work ok.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
hey i just bought a magnaflow replacement cat for my 96 tacoma. i tried bolting it up but it just won't fit. my question is can i cut down some of the extra pipe shown in the pic so the converter will mount flush against it or should i take it into an exhaust shop and have them fix it? anyone else run into these same problems with the magnaflow? here are some pics
in this pic that is about as close as i can get to making the flanges bolt together,its the same in the front too.
if that section of pipe were cut off would you be able to get a good seal with the flange gasket? If so then just cut it off...the flange is welded on the other side so there will be no effect.

·
Registered
732 Posts
[
in this pic that is about as close as i can get to making the flanges bolt together,its the same in the front too.[/QUOTE]

I would take a angle grinder and grind the pipe down enough so the flange will seal with the gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts