TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across something called exhaust jacks on arb's website, so I looked into it. A company called BushRanger maked them, here is the link.... http://www.bushranger.com.au/xjack.html

Has anyone ever seen/used these before, its a new concept to me, it seems like it might damage the motor due to the added backpressure.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The fire department use a bigger one to lift cars and trucks if people are pinned under them. They work really well I think I will get one of them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
In 1991 we used them as sand jacks under our helo's, there part of an expeditionary airfield kit for deploying to desert enviroments. We ran them off of Humvees, we also had an adaptor to hook to an aircompressor. They're flat when you slip them under equiptment so clearance isnt a problem.
The Marines stole ours from us to use under their humvees and dueces when they got stuck in the dunes.
The ones I used were made by Sevylor. We never had a problem with engines, they have a high pressure blow out patch for overpressurization, they use more volume than pressure to inflate. We used diesels to pump ours up, they took about 30 minutes to pump up a 6"x6"x4" bag. An engine is just an overgrown air pump anyways.

Tim

·
Registered
456 Posts
6"x6"x4" bag huh? What were you lifting again??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts