TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just added the K&N FIPK to my truck but i also want it to breath better aka. get a new exhaust system. I want something that will help the truck breath better and also add performance. A little beaffy sound wouldnt hurt anything either :) Im not to fimilair in this field and would like some of your suggestions.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i have magnaflow 14" muffler on stock piping and it sounds great. it gave a little more pep and helped quite a bit with gas mileage. if you have a V6, chances are the FIPK is doing nothing for you, or even losing power over stock. they're junk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would like to change my exhaust also,but don't want to have it affect the warranty...so I'm stuck waiting for TRD to release one for the 05s,has anyone had any problems with warranty from changing exhaust?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I spoke with the service manager at Fremont Toyota. They said that only the Exhaust would be voided unless installing the exhaust cause any other damage (i.e. Sensor, etc)

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a K&N intake with a gibson exhaust, new pipes....it didnt do anything for gas mileage *and i mean anything* but i did feel an increase in horsepower...maybe im doing something wrong :confused:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
thanhnp said:
Is a TRD Exhaust worth buying?
i can't speak for the TRD exhaust, but on my old '02 i had a borla cat back (people who make trd exhausts), and IMO it sounded a bit ricey...but that's subjective and what do i know :confused:

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
do you have a v-6 or 4cyl?
LC Engineering makes a exhaust ystem for the v-6 and 4-cyl for $399
made by Magnaflow

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a magnaflow welded on my stock pipes, cost me right at $100 with a stainless tip. I have 3.4L V6. It's a little louder than I would of liked and sounds a little ricey but I'm still happy with it. One of the guys that worked at the shop had a flowmaster 60 series on a V6 and it sounded good. next time I will go with a flowmaster 60 myself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What is the length on your magnaflow muffler?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Taco215 said:
I have just added the K&N FIPK to my truck but i also want it to breath better aka. get a new exhaust system. I want something that will help the truck breath better and also add performance. A little beaffy sound wouldnt hurt anything either :) Im not to fimilair in this field and would like some of your suggestions.

The stainless borla cat-back is nice, has a low tone that can be distinguished from others and doesn't sound like "dual exhaust z-71's" all noise, no go!!!! It also has a nice size tip! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts